1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured On a South Sea Island.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If what i said does not line up to scripture then it is as false as anyone's. If what i hold lines up then I am holding to the truth. There are not many ways to truth. Only truth.

2. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would not agree with how he states it. All men know of God not know God. I think it is a distinction that is necessary. In this debate knowing of God does not save men, but only means we are all accountable.

#63 Judith, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

He's pulling that from Romans 1:21 (I believe, I can't watch it ATM to be sure),

[Rom 1:21 NASB] 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Clearly the knowing is not a salvific knowing though. In that sense you are right, they do not know God in a saving way.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Correct, God did not destroy the righteous, that is why Lot was led out.

God implied he SHOULD spare Nineveh because there were 120,000 innocent children there and much cattle. These children could not discern between good and evil and were just as innocent as the cattle that could not sin.

Never said he did. Nevertheless man could not choose to be either obedient or disobedient unless the forbidden tree was there.

Paul is actually arguing that there was a law, and the fact that men from Adam to Moses died proves this, because sin is not imputed when there is no law. The law was the law written on men's hearts. They did not sin Adam's sin, we are specifically and directly told that in Rom 5:14.

No, they are not condemned because of Adam. God said the son shall not bear the iniquity of his father or vice versa.

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

You are WAY OFF here.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

You are way off here too. You believe that sin is unconditionally imputed to all men, but that righteousness is conditionally imputed to all who believe. This violates Paul's form of argument that each side of these verses are treated equally ("so also is").

The correct way to understand this verse is that death is CONDITIONALLY imputed to those who sin as Adam did, and likewise righteousness and life is CONDITIONALLY imputed to those who believe as Jesus did.

Adam and Jesus were the "legal precedents" or first under the law, those who committed similar acts in the future were treated the same. So death came upon every man who sinned as Adam sinned, and life came upon every man who believed as Jesus believed.

Adam and Jesus established a rule that was used to decide later cases of those who acted in the same way. This is a legal precedent.

And you are ignoring that Jesus said if I had not spoken to them they had not sin. Is that difficult for you to understand?

I have also showed you other scripture that said the same thing, how Paul told the Athenians that God "winked" at their former ignorance, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

I believe it is you that does not understand.

#65 Winman, Jun 5, 2014
  6. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are deeply divided on understandings.

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If his bible says all men know God he needs to get another bible.

8. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Seriously? :confused:

Did you watch the video?

9. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me the scripture passage that says all men know God.

10. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

That wasn't the question and I actually already did that.

What is your problem?

Until about 5 minutes ago I thought you were were of the more rational, reasonable posters here.

11. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watched the part I refered to. My apology, but I went back and do not see the scripture verse you are refering to. Please post it again or give me the post number so i can look at it.

12. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

You should watch the whole thing. From beginning to end. It is good. And BTW, he is actually agreeing with you (as do I).

Previous post is below:

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a flawed premise. It assumes special creation. The "a native" had to come from somewhere. Who were his parents? What did they teach him? What about his grandparents? Any brothers and sisters?

That is where Romans chapter one comes into relevance:
    Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    --How far back did his ancestors know God, and then reject him.

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    --God gave them up.

If he is there alone he will soon die. He will leave no descendants, have no children.

If you truly believe in the depravity of man that depravity had to come from somewhere. Where? If not, what would tempt him to sin? Then why would he sin, and why would he need a Savior? If Adam had not sinned would he have needed a Savior?

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, but again, the truth from the perspective of the Bible seems to be that no one seeks after the lord but their own "free will", as all of us are sinners whose desire is to stay in the dark, and it takes God Himself to interven towards us first in order to get saved, not us first towards him!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since all of us are spiritual dead i this present time, then its up to God to initiate salvations towards us, his Will, not to have Him wait upon our 'free will" response to him first!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jesus Himself preach a very hard version of it, as he weas the one that stated that few indeed will find it, MANY will be lost, so your concerns should be what he stated, not what we hope he did!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to heed your own advise!

#77 Yeshua1, Jun 5, 2014
  18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....never fear, Yeshua1 is here....

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks, I think!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was the Cross of Christ always in the will of God, or did He react to Adam sinning , by putting that plan into effect afterwards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.