1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On Abortion...again.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by auburnhale, Apr 2, 2008.

1. standingfirminChrist

I don't remember reading anything like that in my 2 years of teaching Biology and Science at Christopher Newport College back in the 80's

2. belvedere

belvedere Member

To the OP: I wonder why you've not yet addressed the scripture posted by NC Tentmaker. You say you want Biblical evidence, right?

3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

THANK YOU! You said this far more succinctly than I could have!
    I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read his comment!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is a tree alive when it grows? When is a tree dead? When it no longer grows and it begins to decompose.

A body is alive until it no longer grows (through cell division which continues up until the moment of death).

A fertilized egg will very soon begin cell division. That constitutes life.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

What you believe is irrelevant. Facts are what they are...they are facts whether you believe them or not.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're in denial.

The embryo, and especially the subsequent fetus:
    is organized (made up of one or more cells)
    metabolizes (consumes energy)
    grows
    responds to stimuli

To deny that an embryo is alive requires much more proof than you've provided.

Unless you can prove that it's not alive, then your argument is worthless. Subsequently, any attempt to continue with that argument is idiotic.

Sorry for the bolding of every word; just wanted to make sure Auburn sees this one.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

He saw these arguments as his earlier incarnation--jsn9333---and he ignored them then.

His current namesake (for however long that lasts) sees, and ignores--the same arguments.

Let's face it: He's made up his mind that HE can define "life" and thus give an OK to abortion on his terms, and no evidence--spiritual, factual, or otherwise--will change that.

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Here is a 3-D Sonogram of my unborn Great Granddaughter.

[​IMG]

She is just as alive now, and has been since conception, as she will be when she is born.

People are murdering these precious, wonderfully-made blessings from God!?!

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

[hijack]

Shame on you, I Am Blessed, for saying such a thing...

There's no way you're old enough to be a "great-grandma."

:D:applause:

Congrats!

[/hijack]

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Thank you, rbell! With 16 grandchildren, it was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

Actually, my first great grandchild (a boy) was born 2 years ago (hence the change in my name from 16 to 17) and I have another boy and a girl due this summer!

I will soon be "I Am Blessed 19". LOL

11. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Congrats!!! And how wonderful that a thread on wretched abortion should EVOLVE into a discussion of the blessings of life!!!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Here is a history of a baby as it is in the womb.
    (Adapted from “Milestones of Early Life” by permission of Heritage House 76, Inc. The milestones listed above have been documented by scientific research Sight variations of hours or days may exist.; Good News Publishers, Westchester, IL)

13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Great find DHK. It is you who has nailed this one. :godisgood:

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So either he's an idiot, or he's insane. Thanks for the clarification!

15. TC2

TC2 Member

16. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

I have thought about this also. It's not the same type of life. If you cut a tree in half, it will grow back. If you cut a guy's head off, he is not going to grow a new one.

17. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Also...

Let me just say this, I am not jrl or whoever else. I used to post on the baptistboard back when it first started under a different name. The name "Tri Hard" to be specific. So, while my profile says Im a junior member, I am not a cut and run blogger and this is not the only issue that I want to discuss. The one thing that I have noticed is that my salvation is called into question by some of one just because of my view on this matter. Last time I checked, abortion wasn't mentioned in the apostle's creed. Therefore, with that being said, I am a born-again Christian and proud of it. Not one person told me what to believe. No one. I don't buy into the traditional views people have added to define a christian. I use to two things to determine my views. First being the Bible. I do not believe in taking verses out of context and using them to fit opinions. The Bible says what it does and if it doesn't say it, than it doesn't say it. (Such as when life begins in the womb) Secondly, I use factual, neutral resources. Those can be anything from the news to concordances. So, that with said, I will read some more comments.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

Seems to me that quite a few factual, neutral facts regarding life before birth were posted here. And, apparently, conveniently ignored by you.

19. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Such as....I haven't ignored anything, but I can't respond to 30 people at one time and I can't blog 24/7 either. So please tell me.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your information is not reliable, and easily called into question. As you can see, I have been a member here since the year 2000. I was among the first 160 to join. One thing I can tell you: Baptist Board has never had a name change; never even so much as a change in its website address. It has always been the same. The only thing that has changed is the revamping of some of the forums, and the ownership which is completely irrelevant.