On our way

Discussion in 'Missions / Witnessing / eVangelism' started by bapmom, Jul 26, 2008.

1. bapmom

bapmom
    Expand Collapse

I just felt like I needed to touch base here a little bit and update those fellow missionaries here that I know :D I've just felt the need to lay low from the BB lately, but this particular Missions fellowship forum is always so peaceful :) I've also posted a prayer request down in the appropriate forum.

We've been praying for an RV or bus - either partially or fully converted - for our family to live in. So far God has not seen fit to provide this, maybe He has something else in store, or maybe it's coming.

A few weeks ago we got a call from a pastor asking us to come to a missions conference here on the first weekend of August. It is in North Carolina, and what a blessing to just get a call from out of the blue like that! We haven't even gotten our prayer cards fully done as our family picture is being held up still.

I am working on getting a final draft of our Table Display done - a man from a college choir tour group is going to donate one of their used display setups to us, but we don't get that until the end of August. But praise God it's one of the bigger ones, we could not afford to buy one outright, so this is quite a blessing as well.

I also just wanted to stop in and say Hi! again to those of you who I know, and greetings to those who I don't know yet. :)

Have a blessed day!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K)
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Praise God! Email or PM if I can do anything to help along the way.

3. exscentric

exscentric
    Expand Collapse

So, why not give us a run down on the ministry that seems to be in your future. Sorry if you have and I missed it. I don't get out of the computer forum too much :laugh:

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf
    Expand Collapse

Hello Bapmom,

Good to hear from you. Pray that it goes fast for you. My oldest son and his wife are plugging away at their deputation to come down to Mexico and work with the deaf but it is slow right now. He has had a few cancellations- pastors citing the economy is bad- don't want him to drive hundreds of miles for a small love offering, even though he would.

I am now pastoring 'borderside'- down in South Texas six miles from Mexico. I still am involved in deaf missions in Mexico- as a matter of fact I just got back from deaf camp near Saltillo. Had great week- 109 in camp and 6 or 7 saved. I am planning on getting a deaf church started across the border in Reynosa, MX soon. Can you say "pastor/missionary"?

Please keep us posted on your doings.

Mex

5. John of Japan

John of Japan
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations, bapmom. Wonderful! :wavey: :applause: :thumbs:

Hey, maybe I can help you too. I have a set of digital photos of Japan from down through the years that I have sent on CD to deputation missionaries. Drop me a PM with your snail mail address if you and your husband can use them and I'll send it off. I realize you might have plenty of photos from your contact in Okinawa, though.

6. bapmom

bapmom
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I, along with our six children, are entering into deputation now in order to go to the field of Japan. Right now we are looking at Okinawa as a likely destination. There's another missionary there who we might be able to help - perhaps with the beginning of a Christian school there, and eventually having a Japanese ministry, as right now the church is almost totally American military.

Actually, Brother John of Japan, those pictures sound great!

I'm working on our table display and it can be difficult to find pictures that don't have copyright on them. My husband got some good video from his trip, but not alot of still shots. Thank you!

#6 bapmom, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  7. exscentric

exscentric
    Expand Collapse

Neat! As to pics, I can't offer much since I was a typical sailor when there and of the 7 pictures I have of Okinawa only 3 are clear enough to offer :tongue3:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrdsnts3/images/ will get you to them, they are about 48 years old but would make a nice sunset closing for you -- or not :laugh:

8. John of Japan

John of Japan
    Expand Collapse

Check out our website for some of my photos: www.johnofjapan.org. You are welcome to use those, except for the one of the little boy and girl eatiing at Thanksgiving, since they don't come anymore.