1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On Screens Soon, Abused Earth Gets Its Revenge

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by poncho, Mar 12, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES, March 11 — Tired of abuse by mankind, the earth is angry. Worse, the planet is out to even the score.

Audiences can expect a story along those lines when M. Night Shyamalan’s film “The Happening” reaches screens in the next year. The project, to which 20th Century Fox signed on last week, imagines a planet that is starting to act like the vigilante Travis Bickle from “Taxi Driver.”

“The Happening” will not be the only big-budget studio film to test a new kind of villainy, in which the real victim is the environment, and, whatever the plot variations, the enemy is all of us. Beginning this summer and for months after, movies as diverse as the “The Simpsons Movie,” “Transformers,” a remake of “Creature From the Black Lagoon,” and James Cameron’s “Avatar” will take on environmental themes.

SOURCE

And so the process of conditioing us to think we're all nothing more than destructive parasites continues.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sounds as exciting as "Attack of the Giant Killer Tomatoes" back in the 60's.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Or the blob. [​IMG]

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Is it just me, or can anybody else hear Don LaFontaine, "King of the Movie Trailers"?

"In a world, where the world has had enough. It's payback time... with a vengeance!"

:laugh:

6. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's exactly what I was thinking!

7. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

AAAAAK! I remember that movie! Part of the theme song went, "I know I'm gonna miss her. A tomato ate my sister." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: