1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once Saved Always Saved

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

As I stated in the other thread it got moved to, why would anybody have a problem with asking a baptist type question in the baptist section? What does it matter if their profile says non-denominational? She stated she was a new believer. Maybe she hasn't leaned toward any particular denomination yet. She wasn't getting a very warm baptist welcome I must say.

#21 JerryL, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  2. standingfirminChrist

Rules are rules for a reason.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If your spiritual salvation can be lost or even forfeited, the Scriptures lie, and are worthless.

Acts 16:30-31 it the only place in the Bible where the question is both asked and answered: What must I do to be saved?

The answer tells us: "Believe"... "believe" is punctiliar action. It can last a lifetime or it can last a moment. But, "Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved." There are no maybe's in there. It's indicative. It's something that will happen, no matter what, unless God is incapable of making happen, and he's fully capable.

There are no conditions. It doesn't say, "Believe and follow with good works, enduring until the end." It doesn't say, "Believe, and you may or may not be saved." It says, "Believe and you will be saved."

However, this assurance is not a license to sin. You can commit every sin and the book, and you're still spiritually saved forever and ever. But, you are responsible for your works in the flesh, and at the Judgment Seat of Christ, you will be paid for the works you have done, whether good or bad.

Assurance is not a free pass to behave however you want.

Here's a study on salvation: Salvation

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Oh, so a new believer that say got saved yesterday and hasn't aligned with a denom can't ask questions of a certain demon? Way to hang together in Christ. And, where does it say a non- baptist can't ask baptist questions in the baptist thread?

#24 JerryL, Aug 22, 2007
  5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you just got saved yesterday...and you are not a baptist (yet)...you cannnot post in a baptist only section. Quite a simple concept.

6. standingfirminChrist

The same questions Kay asked can be answered in the Other Denominations thread.

Where does it say a non-baptist can't ask baptist questions in the baptist thread?

Have you read the BB rules? They clearly state that non Baptists are not to post in the Baptist threads.

Besides, I could not see where those questions applied to strictly Baptists.

7. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Again, she is a new Christian and hasn't formed any denom affiliation yet. Probably not baptist now for sure.:rolleyes: I can picture it now. Someone not Baptist getting to Heaven and seeing us over in the corner, ask who are they? Shhh, that's the Baptists, you can't talk to them, they don't like it.

#27 JerryL, Aug 22, 2007
  8. standingfirminChrist

But when she signed the BB agreement, she agreed not to post in the Baptist section since she did not claim to be Baptist.

9. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I accept your authority as BB Baptist patrol.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You obviously are having a hard time with authority in general. :rolleyes:

RULES ARE RULES...whether you want to like them or not. If your friend believes baptists are strict, just wait until you see the requirements from other denom's! You have quite a bit to learn, my friend...

11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

No, I just think that Christian love should overplay when a new Christain asks questions. As do the moderators, since it is regular people causing all the stink about where she posted. The mods just moved the thread, which was fine. It was the regulars that downed her for posting in the wrong thread, because of the non-denom stuff.

12. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I agree with you on that. She might have not known that she done that. We should show her a little love. I don't think that God will cast her out. I thank she just asked a baptist ? What better way of getting it asked but in the baptist forums. I am so sick of this. To be very clear about the way I fill about it. They need to change that rule. God has no respecter of persons and he will not love us more because we are baptist. We need to show love to each other. I am sorry that this happen to you. My God bless all of us. (EVERYONE)

#32 charles_creech78, Aug 22, 2007
  13. standingfirminChrist

I see nowhere in the OP the word "Baptist"... do you? Are you inferring that this question can only imply to Baptists and not to other denominations?

Regardless whether it was a mod, or a regular poster, she was posting in a section she agreed not to post in when she signed onto the BB.

If you don't like the BB rules, I am sure there are other boards that are more lenient.

Sooner or later, a Moderator would have come in and corrected her in the same manner we have. We did not bash her, we only pointed out her err.

14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I think I was the one who first reminded Kay about the rules. I was rather welcoming and quite congenial. The rules reminder was gently done.

And I thought Kay received the advice from SFIC and me very humbly and apologetically.

For those who think the moderators ought to cut Kay some slack in this area, a reminder that this is not a democracy here. We don't get to vote on the laws which govern us on the BB.

15. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

I guess, since the Baptist Denomination in itself can't govern themselves; hence the numerous different factional Baptist denominations. Therefore, the BB is the only place a "baptist" Magisterium can thrive unchallenged.

Maybe a "Reformation" of the BB is in order...:laugh:
    -

16. JerryL

JerryL New Member

They might have, but this isn't the first time you or your wife for that matter try to take authority( that you don't have BTW) into your own hands. I've saw in several threads where you two just jump at the chance to remind people of stuff that you have no say in. Linda even did it to me at one point. For asking a banned member a question when I didn't realize they were banned. No, you didn't bash her I'll give you that. But, you stepped in and told her to ask her questions in the "other denom" thread. You sir, have no authority tell anybody here to do anything. I merely pointed out that a little Christian love was in order. Someone had to look at her profile to conclude that she wasn't baptist. It looks like someone was just looking for and excuse to start up. No Tom, it was SFIC in post #10.

Kay, you really need to read in the posts that you start. It was pointed out in your first thread that you are not listed as a Baptist. You need to post these questions in the All Other Denominations thread.

This section is for Baptists Only.
    Instead of concentrating on the question at hand he had to go to her profile and try to push authority he does not have. It's all cool though, I've said my peace and apologised to her for the unChristian like behavior.(More concerned that she wasn't baptist than trying to help a new believer out.)

#36 JerryL, Aug 22, 2007
  17. Kay

Kay New Member

Tell you what

I did not mean to be such a bother. I thought the question was best to ask someone who was a baptist because otherwise I was just going to get more confused. If I knew how I would remove my membership myself but I don't . So whoever is a mod will . I was not even responding just reading so I seen no harm.
    I will find another place to rest my head.
    Bye and
    God bless you all

18. standingfirminChrist

I did not take authority. I merely pointed out the fact that Kay was posting in the wrong section.

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. (Galatians 6:1)

19. standingfirminChrist

Jerry, you and Charles Cheech seem to be taking this in a far worse way than Kay did. From your ranting on it appears you are still portraying and unChristian like behavior.

20. standingfirminChrist

Jerry, if you had read my post in #10 correctly, you would see that I said it was already pointed out that Kay was not supposed to be posting in the Baptist section.

Had you referenced it here, you would have seen that I was not the first one to bring up the fact that Kay was posting in the wrong section of the BB.

But instead, you take it as I was the first one to mention it. You were wrong.

Had you not been on a different agenda than to make peace, you would have seen that I did not just go to the profiles first. I answered the question the OP made in post #4 of this thread.

#40 standingfirminChrist, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2007