1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once Saved Always Saved

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 22, 2007.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, I hope everyone is proud of themselves. Aren't we proud Christ-like big men who enforce the rules. The moderators are quite capable of enforcing the rules without comments from the peanut gallery.

This is the same exclusionary mindset that is always permeating this section of the board. "I am right, MY doctine is what the Bible really says, I have divine insight, everyone else is wrong and my mind is so connected with God I know who is and is not saved."

This is exactly what happens with exclusionary mindsets. Whether it be to set up special requirements for church membership, or the Lord's Supper, or whatever, it produces the same thing: hate, dissention, and hurt feelings.

If you want to know the honest truth, if it were not for the label Baptist in this section, how would anyone ever know? With bozo theology like ME, losing salvation, no spreading the Gospel, the sinless day, habitual sinning, we could be anything from Baptist to Catholic, to the church of whats happening now.

Pathetic.

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

My brother I hope that you do not judge anyone else in this manner. You do not know my heart neather do you know Jerrys. I forgive you for this and I hope you come to understand that it was not because she was in the wrong room. It was because she was NOT A BAPTIST. That is the only reason she could not post on hear. But that is the rules and we should have let the people that are in charge of that take care of it. I just think we should have showed more love then that. I love all of Gods children and in now wise cast them out. I love God to and love his people very much. I will be so glad when the day comes that we all can come together and serve the true and living God TOGETHER. And I hope and pray that kay will find that place to.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You were no bother at all. I don't see what the big stink is...you posted in a baptist only section unknowingly, the BB policy was made aware, the thread was moved. No big deal. THEN you get a bunch of renegades who want to tell the PRIVATE owner of the BB how he should cave in to their demands. It's a private site. There are rules WE AGREED to abide by in signing up. If you guys don't like it...don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord Split ya! :BangHead:

#43 webdog, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Nope. Wrong there webdog. We were just telling the users to let the PRIVATE owner take care of it. Kind of like what you are doing now. Telling people to leave where you have no say in the matter. Again another person that is taking on authority you don't have. Why not drop it and let the PRIVATE owner do his own thing. The mods moved the thread and that was fine they should have, they have the authority, and it should have been moved. This whole thing got started about who or who does not have a say in the matter, and you just added another person to the list, YOU.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

What authority have I taken on? You are blowing hot air...

The private owner already DID HIS THING. He set rules to abide by. The problems started when Baptists started getting bad mouthed due to you and others...like it was a Baptist doctrine that non baptists post in a private board's BO forum. I take issue with that. That's called ignorance.

6. standingfirminChrist

Funny...

Jerry L is telling us what we are supposed to do in these threads and in the same post telling us we have no business telling others what to do.

You catch that, webdog?

7. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Ro 5:8 But God commendeth his LOVE TOWARD US; in that, while we were yet SINNERS. Christ died for us. Look you can see Christs love in this verse. let us love one another brother. Let us for get this and learn from what we do wrong. Fighting about it will just lead to the devil taking away are blessings. 1 Co 6:7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take WRONG? why do ye not rather sffer yourselves to be defrauded? 1 Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Amen, I'm for it.

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The bottom line is that it is not a member's job to correct another. That is why we have moderators. It certainly is not a member's job to be hateful about the situation with Kay.

10. standingfirminChrist

The hate was coming from others. I certainly did not have hatred for Kay.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

FYI (and all others), I was the one that moved the thread. I moderate both this forum and the forum whicth the thread was originally was posted in. It doesn't matter who the poster is. All posters who are not Baptst may not post in Baptist only forums and must post in those forums which are for non-Baptists. All of you who registered read the rules. When you pressed that button that said I agree, it meant that you promised to agree by the rules of this board. Therefore there should be no argument and complaints about this from henceforth and forever more.
    The topic is OSAS. Please continue with the topic.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Please show where there was hatred, or retract you statment.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I believe the moderator said continue with the topic. I said what I had to say, after reading the two threads, and have nothing else to say on the subject.

#53 saturneptune, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's fine. Don't falsely accuse your brothers of murder in the mean time, though. I'll take that as you did in fact falsely accuse the brethern.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I mentioned no names. You are doing all the talking. The moderator said stay on topic. Remember, the rules, kind of like Baptist only.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Quit speaking to me with such hatred... ;)

17. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Kay -

Welcome to this section of the board!!

The good news is that not all Baptist reject the doctrinal statements in scripture that teach about "Being severed from Christ" (Gal 5) or that being joined to Christ is essential to salvation.

Not all baptist reject the statement that to be severed from Christ is also to be fallen from Grace AND that apart from both Christ and Grace one can not be "saved".

Not ALL baptists reject the teaching in Matt 18 regarding "forgiveness revoked".

Not ALL baptist reject the teaching of Romans 11 stating that those who "stand only by their faith" are like the faithful Jews grafted into Christ - but they too will be removed if they do not CONTINUE in that faith.

The OSAS threads on this area of the board are rich with Bible texts showing the failure of OSAS to stand the test of scripture and also showing posts by Baptists that fully accept this doctrinal truth.

in Christ,

Bob

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You're right...and it's a shame.

19. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey - I am always glad to see Baptists that choose scripture over the man-made tradition of OSAS.

in Christ,

Bob

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If something is found in Scripture (eternal life, everlasting life, etc.) it's not "man made".