1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Once Saved, Always Saved"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Samuel Owen, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Amen Bro Steaver! You hit the nail on the head. Our standard is God's Word...we are "kept by the power of God" (1 Peter 1:5)

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey , what's up with you guys? I tried to pm you two awhlie back and it said you were banned. But now you are back. I couldn't figure out what you would have gotten banned for, I always thought your post were pretty clean.

God Bless! :thumbs:

3. kevin hobby

kevin hobby Guest

...Okay...
    ???What statement did I make to warrant such a response???
    "Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee"

...Wash thyself therefore...

"Once Saved, Always Saved" # 46
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49707&page=5

...Question: Why does John state "If we (Christians) confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us (Christians) our sins, and to cleanse us (Christians) from all unrighteousness"...

"And Aaron and his sons you shall bring to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall wash (Septuagint = "louseis" a one time complete bathing of the entire body before entering the priesthood) them with water" (Exodus 29)

"For Aaron and his sons shall wash (Septuagint = "nipsetai" a continuous washing of parts of the body extending the full duration of their priesthood) their hands and their feet thereat" (Exodus 30)

...Answer: "Jesus saith to him, He that is washed (Perfect Tense: "leloumenos" having been completely washed) needeth not save to wash (Aorist Tense and Infinitive: "nipsasthai" to wash a part of the body) his feet, but is clean every whit"...

...and anoint thee...

"Filling of the Spirit --- What is it?" # 72
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=48135&page=8

...be filled with the Spirit...
    ...Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord...
    ...Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...(Ephesians 5)

...Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom...
    ...teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord...
    ...And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him...(Colossians 3)

"be filled with the Spirit" = "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly"

John 6:63
    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"

Revelation 19:13
    "he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God"

...and put thy raiment upon thee...

Be "arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness [lit. righteous acts] of saints" "therefore she took a vail, and covered herself. And the servant told Isaac all things that he had done. And Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah’s tent, and took Rebekah, and she became his wife"

"we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"

...So there you have it, confess your sins, let the word of Christ dwell in you richly and remain faithful, just patiently endure, the good works will automatically emanate out of your faithfulness...

"If we suffer [lit., 'patiently endure'], we shall also reign with him: if we deny him [relative to patient endurance, i.e., if we do not patiently endure], he also will deny us [relative to His reign, i.e., we will not reign with Him]."

#103 kevin hobby, May 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  4. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

That is a rather interesting interpretation, OSAS driven I suspect. Your use of the "right side of the blood" gives away your position. Read that last passage again. They were not on the right side of the blood. They were idolaters, fornicators and murmurers, such as these shall not enter into the Kingdom of
    Heaven. They are examples for us, if we likewise do not trust in Christ, the end will be the same.

5. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Check your PM box...the answers are there

6. kevin hobby

kevin hobby Guest

"Once Saved, Always Saved" #41
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49707&page=5

...The passover lamb was then given to "all the congregation of Israel" and "the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel" were to kill the passover lamb "in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses", concerning which blood, God proceeded to state,"when I see the blood, I will pass over you" "And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they"...

7. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

That's what you believe?

#107 Butch5, May 22, 2008
  8. standingfirminChrist

kevin, if we wanted to read the junk you are pushing, we could read your exact same posts on agabus.

Are you trolling?

9. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

Hi Trotter,

Can a person have eternal life if their sins are not forgiven?

10. kevin hobby

kevin hobby Guest

...Be my guest...

http://agabus.com/index.php/forums

11. standingfirminChrist

You are carrying your Mercy Eliminated posts from another forum into this one.

ME is a heretical doctrine and is not embraced here.

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See? No answer.

Hey, give me the "it's not how close you can get to a line, but rather stay far from it and you will be just fine". Or, "you are asking the wrong questions".

God Bless! :thumbs:

13. kevin hobby

kevin hobby Guest

...Here's another site...

http://www.theoblogian.org/Arlen-Chitwood-and-Soul-Salvation.aspx

???Why is ME heretical???

...Anything opposed to OSAS seems heretical to me. Our works have nothing whatsoever to do with the matter...

#113 kevin hobby, May 22, 2008
  14. standingfirminChrist

Because it is contrary to the Word of God. It is what Paul warned against in Galatians 1:8,9. It is 'another gospel'

15. kevin hobby

kevin hobby Guest

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ"

???What good news came unto Paul by the revelation of Jesus Christ???

"fellowheirs, and of the same body"

"Once Saved, Always Saved" # 51
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=49707&page=6

(one must be a family member first because inheritance as seen in scripture is always a family matter).

Numbers 27
    8And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a man die, and have no son, then ye shall cause his inheritance to pass unto his daughter.
    9And if he have no daughter, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his brethren.
    10And if he have no brethren, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his father's brethren.
    11And if his father have no brethren, then ye shall give his inheritance unto his kinsman that is next to him of his family, and he shall possess it: and it shall be unto the children of Israel a statute of judgment, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Romans 8
    17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

...Inheritance as seen in scripture is also referred to as a reward (not a gift)...

Colossians 3
    23And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
    24Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.
    25But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

...Notice also that just as the engrafted word is able to save your souls/life [psychē] (James 1:21), it is also able to give you an inheritance...

Acts 20
    32And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

16. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

Hi DHK,

It is not a one time offer. The believing spoken of in Scripture is a present tnese continuos belief, not a one time belief and its a done deal. In order to have eternal life you must continuously believe in Christ. If you turn away then you away then you are no longer "in Christ" and therefore do not have eternal life.
    Sin does not separate one from Christ, however the attitude that leads to sin can separate on from Christ.

17. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

Luke 8:13 ( KJV ) 13They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

18. Butch5

Butch5 Guest

Lyndie you are correct in your understanding, notice this verse, Jesus says they believed for a while and then fell away. OSAS is not true.

Luke 8:13 ( KJV ) 13They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

19. standingfirminChrist

Notice that verse.

Why did they fall away? Because they had no root. Their belief was not a saving belief.

They weren't saved in the first place! It is not that they lost their salvation.

20. Lyndie

Lyndie New Member

Then what is a 'saving belief' comparing to a 'non-saving belief'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.