1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Once Saved, Always Saved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Sep 9, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

If someone was truly saved, and then fell away, how could Jesus say such as what I bolded? He didn't say "I once knew you, and then you became lost again, and and I forgot you".

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

You are making an unsupported assumption here: The eternal, unending ability of people to make any free choice unhindered by God = Humanity. Care to back it up?

3. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist

God didn't remove it. Adam did. And where do you get your idea that we have a "right" to choose? What do you base your ideas on? Certainly not scripture. God created everything out of nothing and formed our race out of the dust of the earth. He is the Potter and we are the clay. It is beyond amazing that He would send His only Son to die to purchase for God people from every tribe, tongue and nation and makes us joint heirs of Christ. Your arguments aren't with us but with God and He has adequately answered all of your questions and objections if you would believe All of His word. The problem is you will not. Your will is in bondage to self and Satan at the moment

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

It is an essential aspect of God's character. God's character does not change. God bestowed that freedom on His sentient beings because without it love would not have been possible. Robots cannot love.

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Lucifer had freedom in heaven, as did very sentient being that God ever created. Our free will was not destroyed inn the Fall, but weakened.

6. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lucifer is not an elect angel.

I charge you before God and the Lord Jesus Christ and the elect angels that you observe these things without prejudice, doing nothing with partiality.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not agree with him but your accusation of him is false.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well his will is at the very least in bondage to SELF!

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How does one charge anyone else before God and the Lord Jesus Christ? That is not what brothers and sisters in Christ do towards each other. Only Satan accuses us before the Lord and Jesus Christ is our Advocate.

As far as charging anyone before the elect angels, (whatever that means) only Catholics equate angels, saints, and famous Bible characters with God and Jesus Christ. You see, God and Jesus Christ are from eternity past, angels and saints are created beings.

The only thing I charge is Discover Card when I am short of cash.

10. OldRegular

:BangHead::BangHead::tonofbricks: But:godisgood:

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not think you can support this biblically. God himself is not "free" to act contrary to His Holy nature.It is not possible.

12. OldRegular

Jude 24, 25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

The above Scripture make it very clear, except to the unbeliever, that God will keep those who are His, those for whom Jesus Christ died!

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is hard to believe that doctrine is being debated. That is one of the clearest concepts in the Bible. No gray areas there.

14. OldRegular

Believing in a Holy God and believing that He cannot keep those He redeemed would be a frightening way to live, in my opinion!

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I see no need to comment further on this thread. No one is going to change his/her mind, and I'm tired of the rancor. The subject has been beaten to death and all kinds of charges made that shouldn't have been. Sad really.

16. OldRegular

Denying the clear teaching of Scripture is what is sad!

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So stop doing it then.

18. OldRegular

It is you who deny Scripture as the following posts show!

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

What I said affirms scripture.
    Okay, your turn: "No it does not".

My turn: "Yes, it does".

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

And 'round and 'round it goes.

I can post just as many passages that support me as you can.

But I'm done. This is pointless now.

20. OldRegular

I don't recall that you have posted a single verse of Scripture. You have simply trumpeted man's free will and implied you have extra biblical knowledge of the character of God.