1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Gospel or TWO - what say You?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From the SDA thread page 12 DHK said

By Contrast to that "Good Bible vs Bad Bible" approach to SCRIPTURE - Paul says in 2Tim 3 "ALL Scripture is inspired AND is used for Doctrine".

In Gal 1:6-9 we are told that in ALL of time there has only been ONE GOSPEL and in Gal 3:7 we are told that this Gospel was PREACHED to Abraham.

In John 8:56 Christ said "Abraham SAW My day and was glad"

in 1Peter 1 we are told that this ONE Gospel was revealed to the OT prophets -- by the "Spirit of CHRIST that was IN THEM"

1 Peter 1
    10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
    11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

And yet the Gospel denying - scripture slicing approach that DHK models for us -- is still very common. What is your view of the Gospel and of scripture?

"Whatever is not repeated Get's deleated"? so that when things stop repeating you can do away with them?

"Good Bible bad Bible"? Anyone quoting from the OT is in error?

"Gospel is only in Malachi? Or Luke? Matt 28?" such that "I won't read scripture from any other parts of God's Word"??

In Christ,

Bob

#1 BobRyan, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  2. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

There is only one (1) Gospel. There is a scarlet thread of redemption that runs through the whole Bible. The theme of the whole Bible is the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ who is shown in every Book of the Bible. However, whether intentionally or ignorantly the SDA have made two (2) gosples by saying they trust the blood of Jesus Christ to save them but ultimately making the devil their redeemer. As a Born again Baptist I believe in Grace through Faith in a Saviour that told me He FINISHED the work of Redemption on the cross.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Gospel is the Power of God unto Salvation. I only believe in One God and Jesus being the Saviour. I also believe when the Scripture says God so loved the world, that it included those who lived before Jesus came in the flesh. They were promised a Messiah and they received one. His blood covered all who would believe in Him. Also, He is God in the flesh.

Jhn 17:21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

#3 Brother Bob, Jan 8, 2007
  4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

You have a real problem with actually listening to what is said. Nobody EVER claimed Satan was our redeemer. Not even remotely near that. Yet you just keep on saying that as if that if you say it long enough it will be true. Unless you actually cant comprehend was what said over on that other thread. If thats the case you really need to go sit and READ and along with doing that, also THINK.

sorry to be so blunt but for heavens sake.... you just keep on throwing this falsehood about the SDA church and what we believe on different threads.

God help you.

and to make it even worse, you keep on doing this on threads that have absolutely nothing to do with that topic of the goat and the sanctuary. When will it end? Honestly you seem not to have a real clue about what we believe yet you just keep on with this. At least get it correct.
    On top of that you are always incredibly rude.

#4 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
  5. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

How many "blond" SDA's does it take to MILK a goat? I just couldn't resist that. I'm glad I am not waiting for some "goat" to run away.....somewhere......nobody really knows where, somewhere out there in the wild blue wonder with my sins. Hey blondie, just think what happens to your "salvation" if the ol goat comes back some day!

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Shiloh,

You are now on my Ignore List and so if I dont answer back to your statements that is why.

Claudia

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Hey blondie,
    1.Where does your goat go?
    2. What does it do there?
    3. Will or can it come back? See how stupid the false teaching of the SDA's is!
    4. If a person kills them selves according to YOU, where do they go?
    5. Who are the 144,000 in Rev.14? Are they you guys or the JW"s
    6. According to you can a "christian" get to heaven if they never tithe or give to the church?

I think it's time the people see how dangerous you are!

Gal.1:8,9!

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Here are some different Bible verses that I think show that the Gospel was the same in the Old Testament as it is in the New, and that might help in the discussion:

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." Romans 5:18.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12.

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all," Romans 4:16.

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." Acts 10:43.

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." Romans 4:3.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." John 8:56.

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ." 1 Corinthians 10:2-4.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" John 5:46,47.

"Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow." 1 Peter 1:10,11.

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27.

#8 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
  9. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

There are GOOD Baptists on this board being duped by the FALSE teaching of the SDA's. One actually inferred they were right. Either this is a Baptist board or it isn't. As a Baptist preacher my job is not only to preach and teach but to earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude vs.3b

There is only one (1) Gospel! Anything else is of satan Gal.1:8,9. So...... give me your ear/eyes.

"Those who accept the Saviour, however sincere their conversion, should never be taught to say or feel that they are saved. This is misleading. Every one should be taught to cherish hope and faith; but even when we give ourselves to Christ and know that He accepts us, we are not beyond the reach of temptation..... Only he who endures the trial will receive the crown of life." Mrs. White, the "prophetess" of SDA's, as quoted in their book, Answers to Objections, by Francis D. Nichol published by Review and Herald Publishing Association, on page 402

They go on, page 403, "We accept all that the Bible says about our being saved here and now from past guilt and thus standing justified through the blood of Christ. But we accept also all that the Bible says about the dangers that beset us on the heavenly path upon which our feet have been placed, and of the need of constant watchfulness unto prayer if we are to reach the heavenly goal." Any body smell "WORKS" here? This guy goes on with his false teaching on page 409.Thus we escape, on the one hand, the false doctrine of Universalism; and on the other, the equally false doctrine of claiming full and final salvation for a man before he has endured "unto the end." emphasis mine. Does any one think this sounds like another gospel?
    I'll give you one more thought from our confused SDA friend, on page 408 of the same book we read, "Of those who charge us with teaching strange doctrines (NO mister I charge you with teaching FALSE doctrines or ANOTHER gospel) because we believe that Christ's work of atonement for sin was begun rather than completed on Calvary..."
    Do you think the SDA are a works religion, or another gospel? Read what this fellow Nichol writes on page 243: "Here is our position: Only those will be saved who, having been redeemed by the grace of Christ, walk in obedience to all the light that God sheds on their way." That's WORKS WORKS AND MORE WORKS!

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

What? SDA's have "two Gospels?" Hilarious.

At least SDA's are honest about why they believe what they believe. Whether I agree with the doctrine or not, I can respect openness.

Fundies in general love to keep the parts of the Old Testament Law that serve their purpose and chuck the rest. Killing folks is God's Law, for example, going to church on Saturday is not.

Edit: Pretty colors Shiloh. Claudia won't see it, and I frankly could care less about your opinion.

11. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

I frankly could care less about your opinion by the pizza.

Good attitude! I didn't write this for the SDA, I wrote this to help those like you who are confused by their damnable doctrines.

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm not confused at all. It's most likely you didn't read my actual words, but what you wanted to see.

13. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Baptist believe in Salvation by Grace through Faith. SDA believe in salvation by grace through faith plus works. That is another gospel.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It certainly is.:saint:

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

it certainly is a misrepresentation of what we actually believe

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Not from I've read you and Bob post repeatedly on this forum.

17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Amy,

Is James teaching faith plus works equals salvation:

Jms:2:
    14: What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
    17: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

just a yes or no answer...please?

#17 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
  18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

NO........

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well good then we agree :)

James is not teaching another Gospel

20. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

There are GOOD Baptists on this board being duped by the FALSE teaching of the SDA's. One actually inferred they were right. Either this is a Baptist board or it isn't. As a Baptist preacher my job is not only to preach and teach but to earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude vs.3b

There is only one (1) Gospel! Anything else is of satan Gal.1:8,9. So...... give me your ear/eyes.

"Those who accept the Saviour, however sincere their conversion, should never be taught to say or feel that they are saved. This is misleading. Every one should be taught to cherish hope and faith; but even when we give ourselves to Christ and know that He accepts us, we are not beyond the reach of temptation..... Only he who endures the trial will receive the crown of life." Mrs. White, the "prophetess" of SDA's, as quoted in their book, Answers to Objections, by Francis D. Nichol published by Review and Herald Publishing Association, on page 402

They go on, page 403, "We accept all that the Bible says about our being saved here and now from past guilt and thus standing justified through the blood of Christ. But we accept also all that the Bible says about the dangers that beset us on the heavenly path upon which our feet have been placed, and of the need of constant watchfulness unto prayer if we are to reach the heavenly goal." Any body smell "WORKS" here? This guy goes on with his false teaching on page 409.Thus we escape, on the one hand, the false doctrine of Universalism; and on the other, the equally false doctrine of claiming full and final salvation for a man before he has endured "unto the end." emphasis mine. Does any one think this sounds like another gospel?
    I'll give you one more thought from our confused SDA friend, on page 408 of the same book we read, "Of those who charge us with teaching strange doctrines (NO mister I charge you with teaching FALSE doctrines or ANOTHER gospel) because we believe that Christ's work of atonement for sin was begun rather than completed on Calvary..."
    Do you think the SDA are a works religion, or another gospel? Read what this fellow Nichol writes on page 243: "Here is our position: Only those will be saved who, having been redeemed by the grace of Christ, walk in obedience to all the light that God sheds on their way." That's WORKS WORKS AND MORE WORKS!
    Here Amy read it for yourself.....their own words!