1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured One Reason Trump will Lose Florida

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Mar 8, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, your track record for predictions is abysmal. Just so we're clear, you're saying Trump will win, by something like:

Trump 44%
    Rubio 22%

OR

Trump 36%
    Rubio 18%

In other words Trump will have twice the percentage of the vote that Rubio has. Is that correct?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, same here except I DID VOTE in the KY caucus for Kasich. I would love to see Ted Cruz on SCOTUS instead of POTUS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Monmouth University survey also released on Monday found Trump now has 17-percentage-point lead over Rubio in Florida after having an 8-percentage-point lead last week. Forty-four percent of GOP primary voters in the state said they support Trump while 27 percent back their sitting senator. People were asked on Saturday and Sunday whether the violence outside of Trump's canceled Chicago rally on Friday affected their decisions. Two-thirds said it had no impact and nearly a quarter said it made them more likely to support Trump.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-trump-leads-rubio-in-florida-trump-and-kasich-are-tied-in-ohio/

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LAKELAND — Florida Sen. Marco Rubio appears to have moved to within striking distance of Donald Trump in Florida.

In a Ledger/10 News WTSP poll of likely GOP primary voters released Thursday, Trump leads Rubio 36 to 30 percent, a margin of six percentage points. The margin of error is 4.5 points.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20160310/POLITICS/160319958

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your news is old. The article I cited came out today.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eggzaklee, how much clearer do I need to be? ;-)

Trump will get all 99. Sorry to make you sad.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was right.

Those supporting Trump don't care. It's as simple as that. Unless everyone in Florida has had their radios and TVs off for the last few months, there is nothing in this ad that is going to have an impact.

Dude. Trump supporters know what they're fighting. They're fighting the party that for the sake of their agenda justified their man sodomizing an intern in the Oval Office with a cigar. I don't see Trump's people rolling over for some salty language.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chuckle, chuckle. Hate to say I told you so, but, I told you so ITL.

Now you'll have to create a thread called Why Trump Beat Rubio (and all others)In Florida.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh? You said Trump would beat Rubio by two times the number of percentage points, ex. 46 to 23. You were wrong.

You said Trump would sweep Super Tuesday. You were wrong.

I was wrong about Rubio winning Florida. It's inconceivable that he would lose his home state, but he did.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I was wrong. Rubio had 27 and Trump had 45.8 percentage points. Rubio was badly beaten by almost 20 points. But, as I had said several times, the bottom line is that Trump would get all 99 delegates. There is no disputing that. The whole premise of your OP has been disproven.
    On March 1 Trump won 7 out of 11 states.
    Say it again. You were wrong.
    It was not inconceivable. Every poll was showing Trump in the lead there. Your wishful thinking about Rubio winnning Florida overrode your common sense. That's all.

On March 15th Trump won 5 out of 6 primaries. That's not too shabby.

On March 22 he will win in Arizona and pick up all 58 delegates. So, according to some delegate calculations, he will then have a grand total of 719. He will need just 518 more. He will be on his way.

#50 Rippon, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016