1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One thing I wish we could fully communicate to our congregation….

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Apr 23, 2015.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is just how much we love them and how much we hurt when they hurt.

Today is going to be a tough ministry day and I'm already weepy. We will be most likely losing a young senior saint today or tomorrow as she's decided to discontinue the ventilator after 9 weeks of being critically ill from a ruptured bowel. I feel so sick for her daughter (a dear friend of mine) and her son-in-law (hubby's right hand man at church). I know she is saved but this will not be an easy end for her. She's been off the ventilator for up to 8 hours in the last few weeks but then needs to back on full support because her body just can't handle it but now she doesn't want to go back on. SIGH

On top of that, we've got a number of marriages that are in trouble because of just downright sin.

These are the days that really hurt.

Let's keep remembering to pray for our churches and our people.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to hear about the loss. As far as the marriages in trouble I believe that one of the primary reasons we suffer so much trouble in our churches is the lack of true God honoring, God worshiping prayer. It has become all about self centered request lists rather than the prior. We need to be praying for our families.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great reminder! Will be praying for you and your husband as you minister to the family.

It's tough when you see families explode because of sin that could have been avoided and that they were warned about.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree about the prayer and the self-centeredness. Some days I just want to smack someone upside the head and ask them if they are stupid but I don't think that's very pastor's wifely. LOL

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife feels the same way.