1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One way to deal with a church's past tribulations and sins

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, Mar 6, 2012.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Being a "feet washing" ORB, I thought this was a very humbling story. If we approach any bad situation with fear and trembling before the Lord, with a sincere heart, He will help any of us through a tough situation. People who hadn't spoken in quite a while, spoke. We all need "Grace Applied", if you ask me.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I wonder if the time between the offenses and this ceremony helped. When people were still in the thick of it, or the wounds were still fresh, I don't know that it would have been as well received.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Possibly but I also think it was extremely unhealthy for it to fester that long. I so applaud this pastor for thinking outside the box and doing something like this. I wish more pastors would think this way and bring restoration in such an obvious way when needed. This seems to be just what was needed at this church and I pray that this will be the beginning of revival there!

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I agree it was great way to promote healing and I share in the hope of a lasting peace.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

The Church will never be free from human sin nature in this life.

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Sadly, no it won't. However, as people mature in Christ we should be able to handle conflicts better.

8. mandym

mandym New Member

The real issue is not whether trouble and conflict will come. This is a given. the real issue is how it is handled.

9. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

That is true, and I thought it was the implied point of the article and this thread. We see an example of failure in handling conflicts, which led to more than 1 pastor leaving and many many people hurt with lasting scars. Thank God that we also see an example, from the same church, of someone taking a concerted effort to heal those relationships.