1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One way to pray;

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mima, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

A certain man prays in the following manner to the Father. "Heavenly Father; I ask you in the name of your son Jesus to keep me from accepting and believing false teachings". Do you believe this prayer is a correct way to pray? Do you I fact pray in this manner yourself? Comments?

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

why would we critique someone's prayer life?

Im not sure what you are asking for comments about?

3. mima

mima New Member

What we're asking for.

I am asking this question about this man's prayer in order to get other people's opinions about what the man is asking. Obviously as he is asking to be kept from false teachings. But is this a valid prayer? Question arises; do we not all pray a prayer something akin to this prayer?

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I think it would help considerably if more people would pray a prayer along those lines and actually mean it. The majority of Christendom is just interested in passing down its traditions and its theologies regardless of what the Bible has to say.

It was called by someone on this board the other day something along the lines of a hand-me-down religion. That's what we have today and it is terribly sad :(

We should all be Truth seekers and when we are introduced to something that needs to be changed we should make the appropriate changes.