1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Only anti-christ glorifies himself

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Feb 20, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

John 8:54
    Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

John 17:2
    "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

John 17:5
    And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

1 Corinthians 15:22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet."[Psalm 8:6] Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

This is how we know the anti-christ he will glorify himself while Jesus glorifies the Father and we glorify the Father through Jesus.

We as believers will never glorify ourselves, but glorify the Father through Jesus.

John 16:27
    No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

#1 psalms109:31, Feb 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Given to Jesus

Who has the Father given to Jesus?

Zephaniah 3:12
    But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.