1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Only calvinists are believers.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither do mostcalvinists!

Would hold thatHe predestines those elected in christ to receive eternal life, but permits the rest to have their own will, away from God!

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, Yeshua1. That is exactly right.

The Scriptures state, "... are condemned already..."

God does not need to determine who goes to hell. All are hell bound already. It is the state of the unregenerate.

BUT for the Grace of God, there is no salvation.

God has no obligation, nor can humankind assume that God is unfair by not redeeming all.

That is as God wills. That is as Scriptures teach.

Illustration:
    I just got back from the produce section of the store.

No fruit had self volition to hop into the basket. The fruit had no words of language or thoughts that in which I considered listen. The fruit could do nothing of itself, but eventually rot. I did not redeem all the fruits, only a few that I chose, that I considered I wanted, to suit the purpose I of my choosing. I plucked out of the many that which I chose and gently placed it were I willed.

I am not God, but that is not too far off from what God does with humankind.

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Read it again. You are still attacking him for expressing his beliefs.

Bull. I make those decisions all the time, and so do you, unless you are a universalist. In fact, any exclusive claims of salvation whatsoever, necessitate calling others lost. Are people who don't believe in Jesus saved? Define belief. Define saved. Define Jesus...

YOU do not even live by what you are saying (unless you tell Buddhists and Atheists they are going to heaven, in which case you need to quit posting in the Baptist section...)

It is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

Right back at you. I am getting sick of you telling people who are simply affirming their belief that they are "attacking" people, and breaking the rules. That is ridiculous.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

#104 Iconoclast, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.