1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Only the holy and forgiving ones will see Jesus!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Jul 22, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Everyone who Christ died for shall put faith in Christ as a result of His Death for them, but if you mean that putting faith is a condition that man must meet in order for God to save him, that is salvation by works , by what a man does !

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Incorrect.

Placing faith in Christ has always been, and always will be, a non-work.

From the scriptures...

When a lost person chooses to place thier faith in Christ..according to God it is a non-work.

#22 Alive in Christ, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  3. billwald

billwald New Member

Only those who are regenerate will place their faith in Jesus the Messiah ("Christ" is a title, not a patronymic) if they live long enough.

4. Alive in Christ

Bill...somehow you have got it backword. If a person is regenerate, they would have all ready placed thier faith in Christ.

One can not be regenerated while lost. One is regenerated when they place their faith in Christ, not before.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

alic

No, that is correct, at least with the Jesus Christ I serve. His Death ensures that they are made Righteous or Just Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The word righteous here is the greek word dikaios which is translated also the word Just as in Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And the promise is that the Just SHALL LIVE BY FAITH ! So everyone the Jesus Christ I believe in died for, shall be made to Live by Faith !

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

alic

Not according to scripture, believing in Christ is an act that man does with his mind or heart. The definition of work with the word Paul used, it is the greek word ergon and means:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Believing fals under this category as an act, a thing done !

I do not care how you try to escape it, you teach a false way of salvation, by works !

7. Alive in Christ

Savedbymercy....

You are holding to, and perpetuating, a flawed system, invented by a man, and perpetuating it over the clear teachings of God. That is not a good thing to do. Not good at all.

God clearly informs is in the scriptures that...

1) We are saved by grace, not works.

2) We place our faith in Christ to be saved

3) Placing faith in Christ is not a work

This is not rocket science. God has made it so clear. So clear that one would think that even a calvinist could see it.

Calvinism is filled with rediculousness and absurdities.

The truth of God is not. I pray God will give you clarity.

8. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

AIC, I'll watch and listen to you play the banjo anytime!
    Just name the time and place (except the N or S pole).

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

aic

That is what you believe. You teach that man is saved by placing his faith in Christ, which is an act of believing. So then you teach salvation by works. Believing is something man does with his heart or mind Rom 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing here is a verb, a action verb, something man does ! The biblical definition of a work is:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Believing falls under this category as an act, a thing done !

11. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Only the holy and forgiving will be heaven? Rom. 3:10 states, "As it is written, there is none righteous, no, not one." We will be holy in heaven because sin is removed, but until then we will be sinners. Justified sinners by his blood, but sinners nonetheless.

We don't go to heaven because we are righteous. We go because we are forgiven.
    Rom17:17-20

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Originally posted by da banjo player ...

Placing faith in Christ has always been, and always will be, a non-work.
    When a lost person chooses to place thier faith in Christ..according to God it is a non-work.

This is true, especially because some of us know that ...
    it was God who gave the seed of faith (not the gift of faith in 1 Cor 12), which made it possible to believe,
    i.e. God was the cause of saving faith, not man.