1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oops...Beliefs in God is Slipping! How 'bout Yours?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 19, 2013.

?
  1. God

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. Heaven, and survival of the soul after death

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  3. Miracles

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  4. The Bible as Infallible

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  5. The devil

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  6. Ghosts

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Astrology

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Reincarnation

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. God observes & controls what happens on earth and in our life

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  10. Both Testaments are equally important to understanding God

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most-recent Harriw Poll results show a continued slide in what Americans believe as to God, Jesus, the Bible, the devil, miracles and things like ghosts, UFO's and astrology.

I found the attached poll results interesting, and decided to see how you, as a believe feel about the slide in beliefs here in America, and what can be done to turn things around, if it is at all possible!

SEE:http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Ne... Default/mid/1508/ArticleId/1353/Default.aspx

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR VIEWS AND OPINIONS ON THIS POLL AND ALL THE INFORMATION AND DATA PROVIDED BY HARRIS RESEARCHERS!

#1 righteousdude2, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  2. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me and the Belief in Ghosts!

I didn't check the ghost selection, because I believe strongly that ghosts and paranormal activity are real, but demonic in origin! That doesn't mean the person who believes in ghosts is in any way demonic....just that demons could very likely be behind the rise in this phenomenon, and we know from the story of Saul contacting a witch, and seeing a ghost, is one explanation for shadows and other things people call ghosts!

3. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. Ghosts, the paranormal, UFO's, etc., are real and I believe demonic in origin. What is there NOT to believe? Satan has great power to deceive and will waste not one opportunity to do so.

I for one will be glad when it's all over!

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reincarnation? Really!

I'd like to know how that belief fits into the belief in salvation and going to heaven for eternity?

I know it's a poll, and I respect the privacy of those who responded, but I'd like an explanation on how a believer could believe in reincarnation and what scriptures they use to make this match up with their belief in coming back as someone or something else?

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Surprised more people didn't vote on ghosts as the Bible even mentions them, heck, the disciples thought Jesus was one. I'm reading a book called Exo Vaticana now that deals with the Vatican's obsession with the paranormal and their expectation of an alien savior (guess who that will be)

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Got that One DAWG....

....The referring to Jesus walking on the angry whitecap of the storm driven sea, as a "ghost" is one of the best examples in this post!

Please be sure to feature a brief book review 9heck it's really a book report with a fancy name) on "Exo Vaticana" when you finish. I may get the book depending on what you can offer in way of it's good and bad points! Thanks!