1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Open Doors

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Walls, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Walls

Walls New Member

Over a year ago, we were members of a church where they had something very unique. The children longed to serve the Lord. The all joined together in what they called the Young People's Group. The played instruments, sang, and quoted scripture all for the Lord's glory.

Since we have left that church we have taken that good with us. As a family, we go out 3-5 times a month to play, sing and give testimony. It is a time where we encourage families to stay together and get out there and serve the Lord. The Bible says that the commandments of God aren't grievous! And we are out there showing them they are not.

The Lord has used this and we have been invited to several churches to where we can give them the above testimony. Also, this has made way to lead my husband into Evanglism. My teenage boys have been sought out by other youth and now they are getting a chance to be a deeper witness than ever.

It is my encouragement to you all to be the Light of the world wherever you are. People are starving and we need to be feeding them. Take that extra time to talk to the cashier or co-worker or family member that is in distress. Use whatever talent God gave you for His glory.

We are in the last days. We cannot turn this nation around, but we can take as many as we can to glory with us when we go!!! ;)

2. lindz

lindz New Member

i agree so much! I highly suggest to carry Gospel tracts with you in your purse or pocket, go knock on doors (yeah big step of faith, BUT GOD WILL HELP YOU!, witness wherever you can! If you have someone talking to you on the internet, on the phone. In fact I've heard of a lady who's work schedule kept her from witnessing and when a telemarketer called, she would witness tothem after their schpeal! YEAH GOD LOVES THEM TOO!! I tell you brothers and sisters, we are living in a gold mine and don't look around for the gold! C'mon join me I'm having a balst!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the good suggestions. Our children were as much a part of the ministry at our churches as was I or their mom. We ALL have an obligation to share through preaching, teaching, music, word, tracts, bibles, and even the BaptistBoard!

[​IMG]

4. onestand

onestand New Member

It's awesome getting kids involved and excited about being active for Jesus!!! YAYY!!

I would discourage the door to door knocking with tracts though, it's just annoying to most people and you really want their hearts to be prepared and ready to receive. I know when someone from a church knocks on my door I annoyingly shake my head "yeah uh huh" to get them off my doorstep so I can go on about my day.

My mother in law's church visited a person at their home and the guy was so into the tv show he was watching during the entire visit. Instead of apologizing for arriving at a bad time and excusing themselves...they sat there insistant to speak with him so he went through the motions of a prayer to get them out the door. You could tell he wasn't even paying attention to what they were saying. urgg.

But anyway...Yeah Walls...keep it going with the kiddos.