1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Open heart surgery for sis in law

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This is happening tomorrow morning and was totally unexpected. She is very blessed, as she actually had symptoms and went in, where it was discovered that she was born with a rare heart defect that is normally not found while the person is still with us.

Please :praying::praying::praying: for her as she goes through this major surgery tomorrow and for a great recovery following!

Thank you.

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Shall do Gina!!! Keep us posted...

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Melanie. They finished the surgery and they're waiting for her to wake up. They said it went very, VERY well, but it's normal for the next 4 hours to be critical.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Praise God, and we'll keep praying.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Mont. I fell asleep and just checked a bit ago, and as of 3 hours ago she was responsive and able to speak a bit.

:godisgood::godisgood::godisgood:

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will continue to pray for her speedy healing.

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I worked in this area for many years, every tube that is removed is a GOOD thing. The first 10 days are usually the most needful of careful and close observation.

My continued prayers....

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

She's doing absurdly well, walking all over, some type of tube (sounds like the last one?) comes out today and then she has to lay still for two hours.

She's scheduled to go home MONDAY. There is talk of the possibility of a blood transfusion because the two counts of whatever they do to check that are low, I forget the names of the two things.

At this rate, the woman is probably going to drive herself home, and maybe stop and do some shopping on the way. LOL I've never heard of anyone having arteries in their heart reconstructed and being up and about so much so very fast! It's crazy good news all around!

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sounds good Gina, try to get her to take things STEADY rather than being on a bit of a high, she is likely to have a period of the blues which is also part of the course.

THe tube coming out and the need to lie still is most likely to be located in her groing....near the very top of the leg and is in an artery, hence the need to be quiet to allow the seal of the area where the tube was inserted.

I trust that the folks looking after her have ascertained that she can do this, it can be very awkward if she has back problems etc, make sure she tells them if this is the case as it can easily be managed with good nursing care.

God be praised, tell her that an old BB person in NZ is sending up prayers too!

10. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Happy to hear of the good report! Praising God that it went so very well!

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

She's in another state, but I'll pass the message along!
    Apparently there are a couple things they're now checking out.
    Good news: she had a blood transfusion and her count is good. There is an "impressive bruise" where they took a vein out of her thigh to use but it sounds like it quit bleeding.

At this moment, there is a squeak that can be heard even without a stethoscope? So a chest x-ray is ordered to find out what's up with that.

12. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Great news, Gina. Please update us on the latest when you can. Praying.

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

So grateful for the encouraging good news!
    We will continue to pray for her and her doctors
    to be used in her soon recovery!