1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Open mouth, insert foot,Bundy on race...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by kyredneck, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.....merely protocol & N.O.C (normal operating conditions).....IE, GAMESMANSHIP!

#41 Earth Wind and Fire, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I did not know that was the media trying to trip up Jesus to say something they could use against him, I always thought it was the Pharisees or the Sanhedrin. I guess I learn something new every day!

Furthermore, Bundy voluntarily said something stupid, then came out voluntarily the next day and exacerbated his own problem. It's not like the media was laying in wait for him.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reality of the situation is that it's mostly blacks on welfare. Welfare exists to buy the black vote. So talking about the welfare state and its effect on blacks has nothing to do with racism. It's about the reality.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I did not know that you would be unable to grasp the age old tactic of 'laying in wait to catch something out of his mouth'.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the supporters serving as a bodyguard for Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy during his standoff with federal authorities — and who also happens to be black — said he would still “take a bullet for” Bundy after the rancher made racially inflammatory comments.

CNN’s Dan Simon noticed Jason Bullock, a six-year Army veteran who serves as one of Bundy’s bodyguards, hanging around the at the Nevada ranch. Simon asked Bullock whether he found Bundy’s remarks about blacks and slavery offensive.

“Mr. Bundy is not a racist,” he told CNN. “Ever since I’ve been here, he’s treated me with nothing but hospitality. He’s pretty much treating me just like his own family.”

“I would take a bullet for that man if need be. I look up to him just like I do my own grandfather,” he added. “I believe in his cause and after having met Mr. Bundy a few times, I have a really good feel about him and I’m a pretty good judge of character.”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ist-i-would-take-a-bullet-for-that-man-video/

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, they didn't get him saying this on tape by eavesdropping on him at a restaurant or something. He came out and held a press conference.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, they didn't have to publicize it and smear him either. I'm sure if it were a media source sympathetic to the cause it would not have.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't checked, but I wonder if this will come out in the mainstream media. We'll see. I'd think that Fox would at least cover it.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, when prominent Republicans endorse this guy's actions anything he says is news.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NY Times hoax is tantamount to character assassination. Cliven Bundy’s comments were taken out of context, leaving the rancher looking like a backward bigot. Cliven Bundy

As an old white guy, he used the language of his day, which is politically incorrect today, no doubt about it. In the full length video, however, you see a man passionately aware of the effect of government subsidy programs. Statistics bear out his comments on the high rate of abortions and arrests among blacks. His genuine desire for improved family life for blacks, Hispanics and whites comes across loud and clear in the full length video. Maybe he’s not such a backward, old white guy after all.

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/04/ho...dited-paint-bundy-racist/#XZYBV7wwhFtTeOrw.99

11. North Carolina Tentmaker

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not only will I defend to the death his right to say it, I agree. :thumbs:

... and so what I've testified to you -- I was in the Watts riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen that last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people are thinking they don't have their freedoms, they didn't have these things, and they didn't have them.
    We've progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and we sure don't want to go back. We sure don't want the colored people to go back to that point. We sure don't want these Mexican people to go back to that point. And we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way

Let me tell, talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro. When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids -- and there's always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

And because they were basically on government subsidy -- so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

You know they didn’t get more freedom, they got less freedom -- they got less family life, and their happiness -- you could see it in their faces -- they wasn't happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips -- so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know, I understand that they come over here against our Constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people -- and I’ve worked side by side a lot of them.
    Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structures than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join us and be with us not, not come to our party.

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But...but, they're CATHOLICS!!

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And BTW Aaron, your assessment of the Hispanics (actually I view them more as being Native Americans) is in agreement with my years of EXTENSIVE experience with them.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What am I missin....wasn't that Bundy's statement ....not Aaron's?

Anyway.....your off the reservation with this one Kyred.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, it was Bundy's statement? Then I'm in agreement with him!

[add]

...not the first time I've opened mouth and inserted foot....

#56 kyredneck, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Or your personal favorites. Big government, militarism and authoritarianism.

A black marine who sides with Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy in his dispute with the BLM has posted a diatribe on Facebook defending Bundy’s comments and slamming the corporate media’s coverage as a race baiting distortion designed to create social division.

In his missive, a marine going by the handle Charlie Delta blames the “liberal media” for attempting to paint Bundy as a racist, and says he himself has also wondered “the same about the decline of the black family.”

Delta admits Bundy is “maybe not so tactful” and is “not an orator,” but that “he definitely isn’t – a racist.” He defends Bundy’s comments as being his own perspective, which he is entitled to.

Read his comments below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152049979831850&set=pb.724441849.-2207520000.1398454326.&type=3&theater

In the wake of Bundy’s supposedly “racist” comments, CNN hoped to get a reaction of outrage when they interviewed one of the men who has been guarding Bundy; in fact, they got the exact opposite response.

When asked if he found Mr. Bundy’s comments offensive, six-year Army veteran Jason Bullock replied, “Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I’ve been here, he’s treated me with nothing but hospitality. He’s pretty much treating me just like his own family.”

“I would take a bullet for that man if need be. I look up to him just like I do my own grandfather,” Bullock stated. “I believe in his cause and after having met Mr. Bundy a few times, I have a really good feel about him and I’m a pretty good judge of character.”

As we reported earlier today, Bundy’s comments, in which he weighs whether black slavery has simply been traded for a new form of government slavery, were undoubtedly taken out of context. This is immediate to anyone who views the heavily-edited 90-second clip put out by White House mouthpiece Media Matters.

Taken with the proper context, the full, un-edited video shows Bundy making both pro-Hispanic and pro-Black remarks, and calling on them all to “join us and be with us.” Of course Media Matters and The New York Times needed to omit these crucial comments in order to help them to portray Bundy as a redneck, scofflaw racist who nobody should support.

In another video we pointed to yesterday, the IJReview’s Kira Davis also sided with Mr. Bundy, agreeing that essentially one form of slavery has given way to another, where people are enslaved to the government and dependent on their subsidies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0zoee4k7yE

http://www.infowars.com/black-marines-cliven-bundy-is-not-racist/

Moral of the story? Don't judge a man by the corporate media's sound bites.

#57 poncho, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  18. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, but the media goons of The Establishment MUST do all they can to destroy those who have hurt The Establishment. The Establishment will prevail. The Establishment must erode Constitutional rights. Remember, you will SHOCK most people when you tell them that America is a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy.

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judging from several comments on this board, the media have achieved their objective - "KILL SUPPORT FOR BUNDY, BY WHATEVER MEANS!!!"
    The media makes one claim of "RACIST", and all the RINOs fall in line to condemn him.
    The media is doing an excellent, EXCELLENT - mind you - job of turning attention from the BLM actions to "outta context" speech brouhahas of one truthful average guy; sorta reminiscent of Joe the Plumber!!!

I highly recommend WAKING THE SLEEPING GIANT, by Casselman & Daughtry to get a good feel for how the left screws us daily; and we let them.

Stop letting the haters of America determine what you think, as it seems to me, IMHO, many here have done, by their attitude toward Bundy.

AFAIC, he said nothing out of line, very un-PC yes, but derogatory?? --- Absolutely not, just a plain unvarnished, simple statement of facts as he sees them!!!

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually America is neither a constitutional republic or a democracy. America is ruled by an oligarchy that also owns and control the mass media.