1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Operation American Spring to hit D.C. to oust Obama, Biden, Boehner, Holder

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, May 24, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

A group of self-described revolutionary-style patriots with a million mobilized militia members are heading to downtown Washington, D.C., this week to bring a simple message to political leadership, from President Obama to House Speaker John Boehner: Get out.

They’re called the Operation American Spring — and they’re vowing to oust the likes of Mr. Obama, Mr. Boehner, Attorney General Eric Holder, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Sen. Mitch McConnell, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Raw Story reported.

“We are calling for [their] removal … as a start toward constitutional restoration,” said retired Army Col. Harry Riley, the leader of the group, Raw Story reported. “They have all abandoned the U.S. Constitution, are unworthy to be retained in a position that calls for servant status.”

The aim of the group, too, is to influence those politicos who aren’t targeted for ouster to “sponsor and pass very constitutionally crafted state legislation to dissolve the size, powers, scope and spending of the U.S. government by two-thirds,” the media outlet reported.

The group expects between 10 million and 30 million similarly thinking Americans to meet them in the capital on Friday for a rally that’s being billed as a sort of “Arab Spring” for Americans.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...pring-hitting-dc-to-oust-obama/#ixzz32exbZEC9

Operation American Spring, billed as a Friday morning multi-million patriot march on Washington, D.C., to oust leadership from the nation’s capital — from President Obama to House Speaker John Boeher — has proven woefully below expectations.
    “It’s a very dismal turnout,” said Jackie Milton, 61, a Jacksboro, Texas, resident and the head of Texans for Operation American Spring, to The Washington Times. He said hopes were high when he arrived in Alexandria, Va., a day or so ago and found motels and hotels were sold out for 30 miles around.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...pring-falls-flat-very-disappoi/#ixzz32eyq8CWS

Pretty sad. Americans must love their enslavement.

#1 poncho, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
  2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Remember: the Arab Spring did nothing but plunge those countries into deeper darkness. All the media GOONS who were lauding this Arab Spring should resign and go get real jobs. Egypt.....they started with a military dictatorship with dismal employment, then had a Muslim Brotherhood whackjob with dismal employment, only to be replaced by yet ANOTHER military dictatorship with dismal employment and no opportunity. Nothing was gained. Whomever thought the stupidly named Arab Spring was going to turn out well were so deluded by their own "kumbaya dreams", they need to stop being journalists. Personally, I knew from the outset of these protests across the Arab world that it would end up a disaster....Ishmael will be a wild ass of a man.

My rant is nearly done. Never heard of An American Spring. I'm sure it failed for the same reason The Million Man March failed....it was ill-conceived and poorly planned and they told NOBODY about it

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I read your OP I thought, that can't be true. If that many folk were on their way to DC the roads around here would be clogged. They aren't and weren't. Then I did some checking. Seems the organizers promised 10 million folk, but less than 1000 showed up. Depending on whose count you believe only 100 to 500 showed up. Not really a mass movement of people.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and therein lies the rub, jkdb. the American masses don't care bc they are too affluent or too poor or in the process of becoming either of the two to give a rat's crap about political things. I seen this lethargy in my time. Seen fine young men and women turn away from a social class based future for masses who don't really care if they're under dictatorships or Whatnots so long as they're left alone until it's too late for peaceful redress.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ten million ... not quite. But it was a nice day to sit on the mall and watch the tourists go by.

[​IMG]

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They're mad that tons of ppl didn't show up.....on a holiday weekend....to an event next to nobody knew about?

And yet these folks have the nerve to act surprised..... smh.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Breathtakingly delusional people. 10 million people are going to rally in DC? Seriously, what are these organizers smoking?

There were 250,000 people in DC for MLK's "I have a dream" speech. There were 400,000 people in DC for the Million Man March in 1995. Promise Keepers had a rally in DC in 1997 and estimates put it at 500,000 people. So if you get anywhere over 100,000 people you have done pretty well.

But 10 million people mobilized to "take out" Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi?

Gimme a break!