1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Opinions wanted: Universal Health Care

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by StefanM, Feb 28, 2008.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am asking for the opinions of those who are currently under a system of universal health care, not Americans.

Could you please answer the following questions?

1) Are you satisfied with your health care?

2) Would you prefer a private, American-style system or your current system?

3) Can you get urgent treatment in a timely fashion?

4) For non-urgent treatment, how long is the waiting period?

5) Do you have a choice of doctors?

6) Do you feel that you have sufficient control of your health care?

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The following are my responses with regard to the Canadian system. My experience with regard to the Australian system are limited because I haven't been here long enough as a patient and I am not covered under Medicare here.
    The Commonwealth Fund is a private foundation that researches health care systems with a lot of the information you are looking for. Their 2007 International Health Policy Survey in Seven Countries surveyed people from Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States and asked them about their satisfaction with their system, wait times, quality of care, etc.

2007 International Health Policy Survey in Seven Countries - Topline Results [pdf]

#2 Gold Dragon, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2008