1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Order of Demolay/free masons

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by milby, Mar 14, 2012.

1. milby

milby Member

Our neighbors invited us to a Demolay meeting last night. They said it is a very good organization that teaches young men morals, leadership, public speaking, etc. I We went to the meeting with them and on the surface seemed like a good organization

I did some research when I got home and found out they are part of the Free masons. I had never heard of Demolay until last night.

How would be the best way to explain to our neighbors that we are not interested in Demolay and that we believe that it is not something a Christian should be involved with with out offending them?

Or is it a harmless deal and should we let our sons get involved?

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Not interested." If they ask why, tell them.

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Just explain to them that as christians, not allowed by the Lord per the Bible to be partakers of a group holding to a different Gospel and jesus!

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would ask them if they're aware the group is associated with the free masons; they may not have done their homework like you did.