1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Oregon militia members lying about military service.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Use of Time, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho, what do you think should happen with all of that land? Give to the states free and clear, or have stipulations in place reserving it for public use? Put it up for auction?

I'm guessing that the states, which rely on property taxes, would be all for selling the land if it came into their control.

I just don't know how we can get from where we are to a resolution that makes everyone happy.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what I think should happen to all that land. Doesn't matter who's happy or not with the outcome. What matters is the federal government is not following the law.

The question to you is, what do you think should be done about it?

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For starters, I don't see where the federal government is prohibited from controlling land in the Constitution.

I often hunt on federal land here in NC, and my friends out west are always telling me how much land they have access to for hunting, 4x4-ing, & etc.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

See post # 7.

And this . . .

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that's what the OP is about. What you're bringing up on this thread is a off topic.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No kidding? Real issues usually are off topic on Baptist Board Squire. People only focus on what the media tells them is important enough to focus on.

That's my point.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then, start a separate thread. Yes, this is a minor issue. But, it does go to the thinking of some of the protesters.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ok so the message is "we want to discuss personalities here, if you want to talk about what lies at the heart of the problem do it somewhere else don't bring it here."

I get it.

You guys do realize that you can't bring down a tree by shaking it's leaves right?

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretend veterans are with us always. Not sure why they feel it's necessary unless they are, for some reason, ashamed of their lack of service.

I'm with you. The liars are always out there, but ,most of them are smart enough not to start wearing dress uniforms with a host of unearned awards on their chest and making public appearances for some kind of personal gain.