1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Organ Donations

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pastor Sam, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Loren B

Loren B New Member

I would think that my brain should be worth quite a bit. I haven't used it much- almost like new.

2. Roy1

Roy1 New Member

Amen on the newness, I cannot wait for this old body to be completely changed. [​IMG] :D :D

But what about this thought.
    1Thess 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (go before) them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (What is being risen?)
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

If there is no use for the old body what is being raised? Why did the Lord rise physically using the old body wounds and all? I know that it was a glorified body, but it still had some semblance of the old one. Why did He not just make a new Lazarus? Why did not make new bodies for the ones He rose from the dead?

I want to keep stirring until I can work this thing out.
    [​IMG]

[ October 14, 2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Roy1 ]