1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Orthodox Study Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Bronconagurski, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.wesleyan.org/history

"In 1843 a group of pastors and local churches left [the Methodist Episcopal Church] because of their strong antislavery convictions and their preference for a more democratic form of church government. They adopted the name of the Wesleyan Methodist Connection, later changed to The Wesleyan Methodist Church in America. A number of smaller groups of churches merged with them over time, especially between 1948 and 1966, including the Alliance of Reformed Baptists of Canada."

2. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

As an Anglican admirer of Wesley, I think this is a good assessment of his ideas.

Regarding, the OSB, I have a copy that I mainly just use for reference. The TMB is still my primary bible version.

(Oops, sorry...I just realized I can't post here)

#22 Doubting Thomas, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are forgiven, see you in the non baptist section!

4. sdonahue1

sdonahue1 New Member

They teach instantaneous sanctification as a second work of grace. They also "ordain" women, which, in my mind, is not in any way conservative. It is a sign of a church circling the drain.

5. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

They believe that Mary, the mother of Jesus, remained a virgin and had no other children. They seem to have a lot of Catholic leanings and views.

In the Book of 1st Kingdoms, which is 1st Samuel in our bibles, they leave out a lot of verses. In chapter 17, they leave out the part where David's father sent him to check on the battle. I looked at Brenton's English translation of the Septuagint to see if that was the case, and it was not. Interesting. I am wondering if I will find the verses elsewhere.

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    eastern orthodox view Incarnation different way, seeing Humanity of jeus, and also see sacramental grace as catholics do!