1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OSAS but yet again

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Pete Richert, Dec 12, 2002.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Romans 2
    13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
    14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
    15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
    16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

Paul shows the END result of the succeeding case "According to my GOSPEL" Rom 2:16. The Chapter is not only IN context of the gospel it explicitly shows the Gospel results using the very term. It is impossible to miss.

And the chapter STARTS with the context of repentance and grace "IT is the goodness of God that LEADS you to Repentance" Rom 2:4.

All the "Good AND bad cases' represented (and BOTH are explicitly listed IN the chapter) are in that context.

The problem with many is that they have to "Get the Gospel OUT of Romans 2" so they can plug it back in - in Romans 3. Paul explicitly shows Romans 2 to BE a foundational view working INSIDE the Gospel. "When According to My Gospel God will Judge the World".

It deals with the ultimate fate of BOTH the saved and the lost and SHOWS the 'difference' to be something other than "arbitrary selection".

In Christ,

Bob