1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OSAS

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, May 5, 2006.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Ga 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law,

Ga 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law,

Ro 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; (the law) but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ga 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, (born again) ye are not under the law.

Ro 5:13 but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Ro 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

2. SOGOSINGER

SOGOSINGER New Member

Artimaeus...Great reply, every Christian should be able to give that many verses for what they stand for... My response to the thought of "Losing your salvation" is this.....Which sin is it.....which 2 sins....which 12....which 100 are bigger that Jesus Christ dying on a cross to cleanse us from those sins....John 3:16 how long is "Everlasting Life?" I had a wife of a Petecostal Preacher for 37 years wrong my family...She came to us tearfully several days later begging our forgiveness, she stated " That if she had died in those days, she wasn't sure that she would go to heaven"

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

You can get it here:

http://www.faithalone.org/bookstore/reign.html

http://bookcenter.dts.edu/shopexd.asp?id=12163

I thought that this book was out of print, so snap up your copy.

I have read it twice, and I need to read it again since I was a relatively new Christian when I first got it. It is deep stuff. I gave away two other copies to friends and got the last two copies of the book from Prophesy in the News about ten 7-8 years ago. I have one beatup copy left.

No matter what your theology you will get something from this excellent theological masterpiece from Dr. Dillow.

Here is a detailed review, chapter by chapter, by one fellow:

http://www.bibleone.net/RSK_intro.html

4. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

That unfortunately is the position of the Assemblies of God churches. It may be the position of other Pentecostal denominations as well.

5. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Is she even sure that she has it? Those folks are kinda surprising sometimes.

"Dueling verses" is a fool's game. People cling loyally to the theological system they love and they put the opposing verses to the torture until they get them to utter the desired doctrine.

(Not y'all, of course; I'm talking about people who don't frequent these boards.)

When this lady becomes disgusted with the CoC, she'll see the light and join the place that treats her nice. Then she'll see the truth of that place's theological system. Until she likes you more than them, you might as well quote the verses in Chinese.

6. Servent

Servent Member

At this time I have not seen her again, When I do Im am going to give her 3 verses to God has laid on my heart, John 3:16, Acts 16:29,30, Eph. 2:8&9

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Here's my favorite:
    Romans 11:29: "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance."

8. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Is she even sure that she has it? Those folks are kinda surprising sometimes.

"Dueling verses" is a fool's game. People cling loyally to the theological system they love and they put the opposing verses to the torture until they get them to utter the desired doctrine.

(Not y'all, of course; I'm talking about people who don't frequent these boards.)

When this lady becomes disgusted with the CoC, she'll see the light and join the place that treats her nice. Then she'll see the truth of that place's theological system. Until she likes you more than them, you might as well quote the verses in Chinese.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I disagree because...

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and
    spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb. 4:12

9. mima

mima New Member

Many good post here, here is something a little different. I know a man who believes that failure to believe in OSAS is to dishonor the word of God, to deny His sovereignty, akin to calling God a liar. In fact he believes that no salvation is possible for those who refuse to accept OSAS. I find myself unable to support or endorse his views wholeheartedly but nevertheless that is his belief.

10. dntccc

dntccc New Member

I could give Scripture that supports the view that one can forfeit his salvation and be lost again, but since you said that you do not want to turn this into a debate, I will not do this. However, if you want to see support for the other belief (conditional security), you could start a similar thread about it.

11. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Let me show my ignorance here...what does "OSAS" mean???? I'm lost....help me here. I'm sure it's an acronym for something. :confused:

12. Servent

Servent Member

Once Saved Always Saved

13. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

AH....THAT WAS TOO SIMPLE! THANK YOU!!! [​IMG]

14. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Anybody else notice the oxymoron here? [​IMG]

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anybody else notice the oxymoron here? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. genesis12

genesis12 Member

He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him.

But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die.

In whom you also trusted, after hearing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Isn't that WONderful?!!? We win!!

17. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The wages of sin is "death".

Only Jesus could "fulfil the law's requirement" of death for sin.

Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Does anyone "Stop" sinning after being saved, NO.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Is Jesus coming back to die again for sins committed after we're saved, NO, all the laws requires has been "fulfilled", he doesn't have to make a sacrifice "yearly" for sins, his death covered the sins of the whole world, beginning to end.

Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (Past, present, Futures sins)

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Repenting/asking forgiveness won't fulfil the law requirement of "death for sin", without the "shedding of blood" (death) there is no remission of sin.

Her Idea, and three fourth of the world, that just repenting/seeking forgiveness from "god" will remit their sins, omits the name Jesus in the remission of those sin.

Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Actually, GOD NEVER FORGIVES SIN, If Jesus doesn't die for it, the person will die for it, but every "jot/title" the law requires, will be "paid", to the "last mite".

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Only thing left is to privally put her away!!! Just kidding, [​IMG]