1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured OT. Saints....In Heaven or in Limbo?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Nov 15, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know what would be a good thread to open up? What is the difference between personal and public worship and what constitutes acceptable public worship?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some believe all are raised on the last day as Jesus taught in Jn 6.....3 times....what do you think about those verses in particular.

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well....okay. That's what I mean when I said we are posting past each other a bit.....I am trying to develop this theme including a main focus on the teaching of first exodus....second exodus motif......
    B..... most of my theology is cobbled together as I am not in an academic setting....the men in the truck stops are not usually discussing Kingdom growth, until I get a hold of them,lol...
    So I do word studies, glance at Vos, Edwards,and others ....see some basic ideas....then try and expand on them

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

It seems you are a truck driver? I drove an 18 wheeler for ten years in Washington, Orgeon, Californian, Montana, Idaho and Utah, a full 70 hours of week and then pastoring.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that there is a difference between when saints rise up and sinners, as per revelation 20!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is not any acceptable worship to God whenever those saved by Him are gathered to praise Him?

Those who are called by His name, who identify themselves as Christians?

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Ask David about that in 1 Chronicles 13:8-11 and his conclusion in 1 Chron. 15:11-15? They were sincere in their worship but God rejected it.

Ask those who God killed in 1 Cor. 11:26-31.

Ask those who worshipped only the Lord but in "high places"?

Ask Jesus in John 4:22-24?

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....I run all 48....I did the whole 1-5 corridor for years....from Seattle, and Auburn, down to Portland,, Clackamas, Eugene, Medford, Mt Shasta, Weed, Redding, Sacremanto, Tracy SF, Oakland, San Jose, Fresno, L.A., San Diego, San Yisidro,Boise,Meridian,Ogden,Provo, SLC...
    it might be easier to list where I have not been:Roflmao...

The last two years I have mostly been doing the Southeast as I moved down there.
    I listen to many sermonaudio offerings, and bring books with me to supplement my reading.....I stop in on Pastor Downing and a few others and run some of my ideas by them, then duck for cover if I hit a nerve, lol...Correction comes quite swiftly,
    lol:Wink

I know these men are busy writing, so I try not to be a distraction.....
    My thoughts can be fragmented at times as I am usually dealing with several books at the same time.....When something I read triggers some thoughts, I pause and search it out with whatever tools I can....
    Our interactions the past few weeks led me to bring E.J. Young on isa.vol 3, Mt Henry, and Vos on the kingdom and the church, and biblical theology, Findlay Edge on the Greening of the Church,Zondervan pictoral bible dictionary,...I always have Pastor Downings Catechism with Commentary with me....

I have a few themes that are always on the back burner that are ready to get me going....
    The kingdom....our place in it, our responsibilities to serve and worship-
    Mortification of sin.....
    Understanding God's mission for Israel....both OT. Israel, and the Christian Israel, how they failed, and how we will succeed.
    Anything related to the books of Hebrews , Romans, and Ephesians...
    This theme of the church victorious.
    On my profile page I think I had posted some albums of road photos if you want to remember what you escaped from.....no photos of the weight stations, and DOT check points,lol

#68 Iconoclast, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Didn't find any pictures, but for the past 6 years I have been waking up at 2 a.m. and still do occassionally, and sometimes wake up thinking I have to get on the road (lol).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am getting near the end of my road work....sometimes I wake up in the sleeper and have to take a few minutes to figure out what city and town I am in, lol

Last week I dreamed I was coming down a mountain side and started drifting toward the median, but I could not move my arms or legs....as I started to cross the median...I woke up,lol
    I cannot find the photo albums yet, they might have been before the change of the BB

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Biblicist, .

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Who do you think these saved are?
    If they are saved, why are they not part of the bride?
    I do not see any distinction.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

isa60;

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

11 Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought.

10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.

13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious

14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel

19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified

these verses are basically a parallel to rev21......23,24,25, 26,27

I had typed it out but I was just approached by a JW for the
    last two hours......Good thing Isa44:6 was fresh in mind, as well as the alpha and Omega from Isa.....
    6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God;

ylt;
    6 Thus said Jehovah, king of Israel, And his Redeemer, Jehovah of Hosts: `I [am] the first, and I the last, And besides Me there is no God.

lol and I thought I brought EJ Young along for you,lol

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    isa61...quoted in Lk4
    61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion
    , to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.

vs6
    6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.
    and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed.

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations

into isa62;
    62 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.

These promises and many more like them were held out to Jew and Gentile here.....As the Kingdom comes to earthly Jerusalem, only the elect remnant welcomed it......

However.....what of the Ot saints who looked for the same promises, before they became available in NT. time?

They were not on earth during the NT. church, but embraced the promises which we see are applied to the Heavenly Zion and Jerusalem.

Are they a part of the bride eternally as they are IN Christ???
    That is what I believe is the General assembly of Hebrews 12:22

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, is Biblicyst saying the OT saints are in a Limbo state of existence? Answer is 25 words or less.

Better yet, a yes or a no would suffice.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

They went to heaven as we do, directly.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved persons are acceptable to God, corret?