1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Other Planets & NASA

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Nov 17, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Having said that - I agree that the subject of this thread is not a primary doctrine - and is really just an interesting subject to read about in scripture.

Why GE has to turn to venom such as "You Seventh Day Adventists, you must always contaminate the peace of brothers in Christ living and talking to each other" -- at every turn is truly a mystery.

Why not simply lighten up GE? Take a break from villifying those whose oppinions differ from your own?

This topic is certainly not one to be falling on your sword over --

In Christ,

Bob

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I conducted my discussion with another person on this forum in the way you here describe so innocently sounding. But just before my 'venomous' post, this is what you have written, and I must keep my cool? :
    "Jumbling up timelines - ignoring Bible details "making stuff up" as you do with your new invention of "New earth ALREADY created 2000 years ago" idea above - does nothing to support your argument GE.

I have never doubted your capacity to "make stuff up" -- so "making more stuff up" to defend a failed point - does nothing to support it.

This is really a simple concept - I know you get it. Why do you pretend not to notice the elephant in your living room?

So back to reality. The earth is NOT the center of the universe AND God did say in Heb 1 that through Christ "He made the Worlds".

Try just "believing the text" instead of continually making up your own text as an alternative to what we read in scripture."

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What has this post of yours had to do with the topic, BR?

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The "point" is that this topic on "Nasa and other planets" is not a place to fall on your sword and spew out invectives and venom to others. It is simply a place to share various points of view.

I just can't believe you are so wound-up that you must insult and villify on every single topic.

Surely THIS one - was one where you could have taken a civil tone and simply shared your "earth is the center of the universe like in the dark ages" POV without lashing out at others.

Have some fun now and then.

In Christ,

Bob

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:
    "Surely THIS one - was one where you could have taken a civil tone and simply shared your "earth is the center of the universe like in the dark ages" POV without lashing out at others."

GE:
    This was exactly what I was doing, then you, interrupted with that nasty post of yours, and I blew my top ... as usual. Sorry. But I've lost my appetite, at least for now. Anyway, have a good day, I must go to bed now (in SA).

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE - you have argued for two points that I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.

#1. The earth is the center of the Universe
    #2. Adam was condemned on day six in Gen 1-2:3 and then God called it "good".

Until this thread I had no idea about your "earth is center of universe" theory - except i knew it was very common in the dark ages -- hence my "dark ages" comment that preceeded your "contamination" post.

normally when people here give an opposing view - it is at least something I have heard of before. But these two of yours are so unnexpected - my reaction was something close to astonishment as well as trying to place your view with the last group I knew to hold it.

Sorry if I gave offense - I did not mean to.

In Christ,

Bob

7. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

Earth - center of the universe

I would not be too quick to write off the Earth being situated at a centralized position in the universe. Many recent discoveries are actually suggesting this to be true......redshift quantization for one - interesting that this phenomena is being observed from the Earth and yet if the Earth were not at a centralized point in the universe, this would be impossible.

Not good for the Big Bang folks either as it is yet another way of refuting it.

J.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have seen explanations for both the blue and redshift relative speeds given an "accelerating" and expanding universe where we actually go faster the farther out we are --

But nothing indicates that we are at the center of our Galaxy or that our Galaxy is the center of our own "local group" or that our "Local Group" is the center of the Universe.

Bob

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:
    "GE - you have argued for two points that I never thought I would hear in my lifetime.
    #1. The earth is the center of the Universe ..."

GE:
    Why do you find it strange, Bob? I did not mean it gravitationally or according to physical law. But it's clear and undeniable - from the Scriiptures! - that in the sight of God this earth and its inhabitants are the object of His main interest in all of His creation -- even the Sabbath Commandment and the Creation saga say so; and then of course one has Daniel and the One like the Son who approach the One of Glorious Appearance. ... and again, we lost each other ...It's seperate worlds we live in!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    In fact, yes, EN, I would myself most pleasantly not have been surprised if 'our' earth lies dead centre in the universe. It being definitely dead centre and life-centre in the middle of the Creator's love and interest, it makes perfects sense it would!

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you mean metaphorically but not literally, not physically not actually -- certainly I can agree. God is trying to "Save the earth" but has no other world that is lost and needs saving. I agree.

Does that mean God loves man more than his other created beings?

No. In fact the point of the lesson is to reveal the depth of God's Love for those He has created.

Recall that the OP is about worlds "really found" not metaphorically found or symbollically found. And whether these ones found are actually inhabited -- God says in Heb 1 that through the Son "HE made the WORLDS". In Job 1 and 2 we see what could be representatives from these inhabited worlds coming to the council just as Satan "comes from Earth" in that story. Satan comes "From Earth" only as Adam's replacement after Adam turned over the keys at his fall.

In Matt 4 Christ is tempted by Satan who "offers the World" to Christ without a fight. Saying that "it is mine and I give it to whom I will".

In Christ,

Bob

#31 BobRyan, Nov 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
  12. LaymansTermsPlease

John 10:16
    And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Maybe He created other life on those planets (folds?).

I mean, I'm pretty sure this verse is talking about bringing salvation to Gentiles and not just the Jews, but as a kid, I used to think He meant bring salvation to life on other planets.

I guess who is to say that He didn't mean planets when He said folds. :)

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think he died to save other lost souls on other planets --

"God so loved THE WORLD that HE gave..."

The other WORLDS have not sinned - whatever life is there.

In Christ,

Bob

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BR:
    "In Matt 4 Christ is tempted by Satan who "offers the World" to Christ without a fight. Saying that "it is mine and I give it to whom I will".

GE:
    Yes, and the devil was a liar since the beginning. This earth and world of ours has become sinners' paradise; it would demand all the power and attention of the Almighty God to save it ... so He did just that, and sent His Son ... Just surmising ...

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Instead of Christ saying "I don't think you can actually do what you promise" Christ argues the TRUE point - which is that we are to worship God alone!!

Amazing how "just making stuff up" does not compare with the Word of God.

So in 2Cor 4 Satan IS CALLED "the god of this world" --