1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our friends' son was just declared brain dead after a skateboard accident.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Jul 7, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Please pray for Nelson and Charlotte as they will be disconnecting Vincent in the next 24 hours from the life support. He was skateboarding with friends and fell and hit his head. Less than 24 hours later, his brain shows no function. He's their only child and only 19.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying here, Ann.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Oh how sad! So young!
    Lord, We pray that You will be with Nelson and Charlotte as they will cling to You, Lord Jesus for their comfort and strength during this time of sorrow! May friends and family members be a great source of help to them too. In Your name, Jesus we are asking. Amen :praying::1_grouphug:

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    so sad. Are they believers?

Will be praying for them and you all as you minister to them.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tom, they are believers as is Vincent. But Nelson, the dad, is really struggling. He's like a man desperately grasping for anything that might change the outcome in this and he is frantic. He's losing his focus on God right now and I actually had to hold his face and get him to tell me God's character as he's seen through his life and then ask him when he answered if God has changed since Vince fell. I think it helped a little. I know that just having been through a health crisis with my own daughter has taught me a LOT about God in the midst of the storm.

So it seems Vince was on a longboard (a very long skateboard) and the back wheels went off the pavement when he was turning and he went over backwards, hitting his head on the pavement. He immediately stopped breathing and hasn't breathed on his own since. I was told it took the ambulance guys an hour to clean the ambulance from the blood. :(

So they will do more tests tomorrow and will confirm that he's brain dead or not.

PLEASE pray for Charlotte and especially Nelson. They need to be absolutely bathed in prayer right now.

#5 annsni, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
  6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

such an awful thing. (((prayers)))

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is so horrible. I'm praying for Nelson and Charlotte.

8. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for Nelson and Charlotte during this tragic time. :praying:

9. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Thanks, Ann for the latest concerning Vincent's parents!
    It sure looks like the Lord is using you in a mighty way to help Nelson and Charlotte to go through this most difficult time in their lives!

Continuing to pray to the Lord for Nelson and Charlotte and praying that the Lord will continue to use you to help them to see how mighty our God is even in times when we are experiencing our darkest valley still He is there too!

10. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Praying for them. I can't even begin to comprehend the pain they are going through right now.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just got home after another long day at the hospital. The parents decided to go with Vince's wishes and disconnect him and donate his organs but then there was a lot of family and friends trying to convince dad to allow God to do a miracle and not do this. Unfortunately, this drove a wedge between mom and dad because they had already made the decision. After much crying, prayer and counsel, dad understood that his boy is no longer in that body and it's now deteriorating. He made the decision to sign the papers - much to the anger of the rest of the family (extended family). But it's done and mom and dad are united - and Vince's wishes will be fulfilled. They know if God is planning to do a miracle, he still will do it but that's exactly what it would take - a miracle. :( They will harvest the organs tomorrow.

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

thanks, Ann for the update!
    That was a courageous and right move of Vicent's parents to honor their son's last request!
    I am sure that the prayers and your support to the family are being of a great help and blessing to these grieving parents!
    God bless you for being there when they need your support the most!

Continue to hold the family in our prayers!

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

(((hugs))) for them and you.

14. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

:1_grouphug::1_grouphug::1_grouphug::1_grouphug::1_grouphug:for the family. God e with them
    Faithgirl

15. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I send my hugs and prayers to this grieving parents and to you, Ann who is doing a great work for the Lord by be a help and blessing to this precious couple!

16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The family is in my prayers. So tragic.

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, I have been following your FB information, and I am praying for this couple as they head towards this decision and the subsequent loss.

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ann, I've been out of town for a few days. I'm praying for the family now. I saw a bit on FB and started but didn't know the whole story. Praying, praying.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We had a beautiful memorial service last night for Vince. There were about 800 people there and many made decisions for Christ. I found out from the transplant coordinator (who actually attended his first funeral for a patient) that 5 people had their lives saved through his donation. Praise God. Now to pray that those people each are saved spiritually as well. :)

Thank you for the prayers. Please continue to lift up Charlotte and Nelson as they have to deal with the whole aftermath of this - the going home to a place where they have very little support and where they need to unpack Vince's things (as I said earlier, they just moved three weeks ago from NY to Louisiana).

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Here's a pic of Vince and his mom

[​IMG]