1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Our new church plant has a name and logo!

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, first you get mad because I post it. Then you get mad because I change it.

Further evidence that no matter what I say, you're just going to attack.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

No, I get mad because of your lie of "double post". "Double post" has a very specific meaning. If you were retracting your words, then say that...don't lie and act like you didn't post something inflammatory by modifying a post and saying that you double posted.

3. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry you feel that way. If you don't like it, then by all means, contact the administrator and ask him to make a way for us to delete posts.

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Probably, but by that time they will have experienced first hand what the church was like.

Why put Baptist pride before the Gospel?

5. matt wade

I'm just sorry that you don't think it disingenuous to place a false reason for modifying a post. Obviously anything you post in the future is now suspect. You are a known liar now.

6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what do you think their reaction would be? Having worked in retail for many years, I can tell you that it won't be favorable.

Why lie about being Baptists to share the Gospel in the first place?

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if it wasn't for that, you'd just be attacking me in another thread for some other silly reason.

8. matt wade

If you think so. I don't recall attacking you any other time. In fact, most of the time I agree with you. I was actually leaning more to your side on the TV thread.

9. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I think many peoples reaction will be something like, "Really? I thought Baptist were only like ___-____,. I am so glad I didn't know beforehand or I might never have given this great church a chance. I sure love this church!"

Lying would be calling it a Methodist church and then telling people we are really Baptist.

PS: I spent almost thirty years in retail myself.

#49 Steven2006, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
  10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you should know that bait and switch is dishonest and produces an unfavorable sentiments in customers.

11. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I was extremely successful in retail, and as far as retail goes, people are really only concerned with a few things:

The quality and value of their purchase.

A good selection to choose from.

A sales person to be honest and very knowledgeable about the products offered.

Having a salesperson skilled enough to help them come to the proper buying decision while in the store.

Their experience and how they are treated once they walk through the doors.

The service they receive both at the time of sale and afterwards.

The majority of people care very little about preconceived notions they had before they walked in as long as all the above is what they experience after they do.

As far as bait and switch what they are doing is not bait and switch.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just goes to show the true character of the poster.

13. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann,
    This started out as such a good thread. And then, well...

14. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care who you are, that there's funny!

Nothing like getting caught in a lie!

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks. :)

I'm still excited about our new ministry and having a name and an awesome looking logo. I'm excited about the man who will be coming with us who will be leading our children's ministry (he has SUCH a heart for the Lord) and the fact that we will even have deaf interpreters immediately in case any of the deaf want to come with us. I'm so excited that God has provided a place to meet, enough money to cover a year and a half of paying for the location, a TON of people from our home church who feel God's tug on their hearts to go with the new church even when their initial reaction was "no" (which tells me it's God and not pride). I'm so excited to be going to a town with a half a million people and only 3% of them go to a Bible teaching church. What a ministry we'll have! What a harvest!! THAT is what we're all about.

16. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Praise the Lord, that is awesome! Don't let anyone put a damper on your enthusiasm about it.

17. SBCPreacher

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has never called me to start a new church, but I can only imagine that it is exciting work. My prayers go with you ad your husband, and your new Children's Ministry leader.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No worries. Ya can't quench the excitement when you see God moving, can you? :)

Thanks!! I'll definitely be posting as we go along. If anyone wants to follow our church plant blog, hubby tries to post about once a week with what's happening. Right now it's been a bit slow but I know as we start to have some meetings before the big start of the church in September, there will be more and more posted. The blog is here: http://www.buildinghischurch.blogspot.com/

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

As moderator, I'm shutting this down. Y'all were warned. This is a fellowship forum and not a place for attacks, strident debates, etc.

Let me say that there are two sides to this that have valid concerns. To try to take something off a marquee to try to "soften our witness" is problematic. It does reek a bit of "bait and switch" so I get that. A lost co-worker recently told me he'd never go to a non-denom church that has no denom in its name because he has no idea what he's in for when he gets there.

That said, every context is different. And some of the greatest expositors and greatest Baptists who ever lived pastored churches w/o Baptist in the title. Such gospel compromisers as Spurgeon, Begg, John MacArthur just to name a few :laugh:

Back to the moderator's warning....the admins are going to see this and I'm recommending disciplinary action. Far too many are bringing their haughty, factious ways into fellowship forums. Well, not on my watch they're not.

Reprise the theme song and roll the credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.