1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outdoor movies

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, May 15, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While there are no drive-ins left on Long Island, many communities will do outdoor movies during the summer on portable screens. Our town does that on the beach a few times and we got to see Jaws on the beach. :D

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

Had to be the 70's. It was right across the street from our church. I remember being in a blue volkswagon.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My wife and I go to the Calvert Drive-in, near Calvert City, Kentucky. Calvert City is on the Tennessee River, about 15 miles upstream from our home town, Paducah. We go a couple of times during the summer. They have first-run movies. Sprinkled all over the lot are pickup trucks with folks sitting in the truck bed in their lawn chairs, watching the movie.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Been many years! As a student nurse, I would go with a bunch of colleagues, and the bank johnnies to the local drive-in theatre, lots of fond memories in the back of the utes, under the stars with cheap plonk and nibbles, lots of fun.....