1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outraged, Politicians Vow to Execute Child Rapists Despite Court Ruling

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NEW YORK — Angry politicians vowed to keep writing laws that condemn child rapists to death, despite a Supreme Court decision saying such punishment is unconstitutional.

More Here

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

It is a futile attempt. There is no way they can go against such an all inclusive ban.

But like I said in another thread, as horrific as child rape is, SCOTUS got it right, not because the rapist deserves compassion, but because it will likely save lives of children. If the death penalty is applied for the rape, he may as well go ahead and kill the child so it will never tell. After all, he has nothing more to lose by killing at that point. Maybe a few kids lives will be spared.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure where i am at on this one.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #5 Crabtownboy, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  6. billwald

billwald New Member

Killing another human harms the killer almost as much as it harms the dead person, but in a different way. If not, the why did God forbid David from attempting to build a Temple?

The first Washington State police and fire pension (LOEFF 1) recognized that killing people causes mental changes and granted a "mental" disability pension for officers who lived through shoot-outs and whatever. The new pension law does not admit that an officer or fire fighter can have any mental problems. This is crazy!

The guy who pulls the switch, who injects the poison for the state . . . you want your grand daughter to marry him?

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the turn over must be quick in the police forces of that state then ?

I wouldn't want my grand daughter to marry him, but if she wants to, then why step in-between ?
    Am I a better human being than he ?
    That's his job, and he's not committing murder. It's what the State tells him he must do.
    Besides, the way I understand it, the only way someone touches the lethal injection patient is when the needles are inserted into the vein. The actual release of the chemicals is made from two rooms, one of which is the actual switch, and the other bogus, and the switch throwers don't know which has the real switch. Same thing for the chair.

Do all shooters in a firing squad have live ammunition in their chambers ?
    Unless things have changed, and as I understand it, except in the field, the shooters have blanks, and only one or two have live ammo.