1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Outrageous Gasoline Price Gouging in Orlando Florida

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Most vacation travelers who are returning to the Orlando airport want to fill up their gas tanks before they take the cars back as this is generally cheaper than allowing the rental companies to do so (this is another scam for another day). So instead of taking the exit south into the airport (for everyone but Hertz and Alamo which are across the street from the offending station) most people take the exit north to hotel row where there is a gas station at the first red light.

Interestingly, most gas stations advertise their prices. Not this one. When I pulled up to the pump I noticed to my horror that the price of regular gas was $5.29 per gallon with unleaded plus (89 octane) at $5.39 per gallon, and premium at $5.49 per gallon!​

http://wingod.newsvine.com/_news/20...ous-gasoline-price-gouging-in-orlando-florida

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

if price gouging in Orlando were outlawed, the mouse, his friends, pretty much the whole city would go under.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

True. And the owner of this gas station is most likey paying a premium for the location which could justify the price per gallon that he is charging. Also people could drive up the street and get their gasoline a dollar cheaper so it is not really gouging.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Not to mention Sea World. They are really proud of those fish. :laugh:

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

If folks are willing to pay that amount then more power to them.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

No one is forced to buy their gas at any one place unless they're on empty. Even then, they could buy just enough to drive to where they can get it cheaper.

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Howdy neighbor. I am in Spring Hill.