1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paige Patterson’s slush fund?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Feb 23, 2007.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone know anything about the following story at http://baptistblog.wordpress.com/2007/02/17/paige-pattersons-slush-fund/

Paige Patterson’s slush fund?

Has anybody ever heard of the Patmos Evangelistic Association?

I thought Southwestern Seminary’s presidential residence was located at 1901 W. Boyce Ave, Fort Worth, TX, 76115? Apparently, Patmos Evangelistic Association has offices there as well.

I guess that explains the construction around Pecan Manor over the last few years.

If you download the non-profit filings for Patmos Evangelistic Association, you get the following information:

1. The most recent IRS Form 990 was filed in December 2005.

2. The employer identification number is 751777000.

3. The Reported Form 990 Asset Amount is $67,658.00

4. The Reported Form 990 Asset Range is $25,000.00 to $99,999.00.

5. The Reported Form 990 Income amount is $63,064.00.

6. The Reported Form 990 Income Amount Range is $25,000.00 to $99,999.00.

7. The Reported From 990 Revenue Amount is $62,894.00

8. The Organization is classified as an independent religious organization not affiliated with a national, regional, or geographic grouping of organizations.

9. The Organization was granted non-profit status in November 1981.

10. Contributions to the organization are tax-deductible.

11. The Organization receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public.

12. The Principal Activity of the Organization is Evangelism.

Wow, $63,000.00 worth of evangelism in 2005 alone....

#1 gb93433, Feb 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And the gossip continues.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

that it comes from christians is disappointing, but one thing i learned for the first time on here years ago, is that in reality, most christians aren't a lot different then anyone else.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In response to an accusation about a story

I asked the question
    "Anyone know anything about the following story at http://baptistblog.wordpress.com/200...ns-slush-fund/"

However if the accuser would have read the story he would have quickly realized it was not my writing. I just asked if anyone knew anything about the story.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The blog appears to be what I would call "Sophisticated gossip"----- you see, not only do those of a low IQ gossip---but those with a high IQ will gossip also. The blog is the tongue of a gossiper "manifested"---- thats all!! I'm doubly sure that Dr. Patterson is concerned!!!! Proves the blog will never "advance the Kingdom of God" one millimeter!!!

6. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Awww blackbird... do you have issues with people such as Wade Burleson? It is the blogosphere that I personally think God will use to bring about change within the SBC. As a matter of fact, I think it already has. Its just begun however.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe you are right. The blogger seems to have an ax to grind that goes deeper than just reporting facts. If I were Dr. Patterson I would not be concerned unless I did something wrong. I looked at the document and it appears to be above board and nothing illegal. It does show that we should always be conscious of doing what is right.

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"sophisticated gossip"

lol

wow, so basically it's a judgment call on your part...man I hope I never get pegged with "sophisticated gossip" which sounds a lot like educated idiots. Hope I'm not accused of either.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone who knows Rev. Cole knows there are more issues at play between him and the Pattersons than meets a surface read of his articles. There is much more.

This is why I think Rev. Cole needs a public rebuke for his actions. It is borderline harrassment and yellow journalism. No place for this kind of behavior in a pulpit or denomination.

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Sorry, I mistakenly thought that the poster of the OP had written the last paragraph of the OP which contained wild accusations without any offer of evidence for proof. I am re-opening the thread. However, I am removing the last paragraph of the original OP. The OP contains a link to the blog so you all can read the accusations if you wish without them being post here on the BB.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Which would be contrary to ebing a Christian.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Why does anyone waste their time reading blogs, it's like a persons journal, their diary, why would anyone want to post that for public viewing. Most want to be seen, and heard, and do not know how to handle it responsably, obviously from this thread.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Years ago there were people stealing and embezzling money in the SBC and hardly a word was said. Now through the internet people are held more accountable.

Newspapers print what they want to print not what others always want to know or should know. Why do you think William Randolph Hearst owned newspapers.

Some blogs allow for coments and responses. They are hardly any different than BB.

Some are just a place to post propoganda.

14. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

It seems to me that a fair amount of proof was given in the article. I don't know how true it is because I'm not familiar with the source of the data. You seem to be familiar enough to discount it. What is your proof on the other side?

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

hardly any different then the bb? on a blog one persons posts whatever, in this case gossip, and even if you can leave a comment, it is not a ocnversation as on the bb, and the reader can not start a thread, there is no back and forth discussions.
    therefore it is not the same as the bb.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm not sure how blogs filled with rumors and gossip hold anyone accountable. The person who needs to be held accountable seems to me should be the blogger, who publically professes Christ, then blogs rumors and gossip.

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The point was that the OP only quoted a certain part of the blog material and that partial quote ended with some accusations only. If a person came here to the BB and only read the OP they may well leave here thinking the accusations were true without having seen any proof. I do not care to go read the blog because I know the source and I know many of the reasons behind why he does what he does and says what he says about Dr. Patterson. We were fellow students at SEBTS under Dr. Patterson's administration. I'll just say that there are personal issues going on there and they are not being dealt with in a biblical manner. With that I am out of this discussion.

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That man who blogs may have an ax to grind but there are many facts that surround those who have left the SBC. I have heard it directly from some who have worked at SWBTS and know first hand.

Have any issues in the SBC ever been dealt with in a biblical manner? When Dr. Dilday was fired not one issue was dealt with in a biblical manner. None of the trustees who lied were rebuked for their public statements about Dr. Dilday which were found to be false. The trustees finally admitted that they lied when the press caught them. Having men who lie publically does nothing for godly leadership and the young people who see those men in their sin. Has anyone heard or read about any of them being rebuked?