1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin linked to death threats against Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the compliment Sag. Actually I need more information before posting something like this. I looked at the web site and am not sure how credible it is. I do not put much faith in the story. The Economic Times is published by the India Times.

http://syndication.indiatimes.com/articlelist/12972358.cms

I do not see that they would have an axe to grind in either direction concerning American politics. I wonder where they picked up the story?

By the way, this is no worse than much that was posted by many here about Obama before the election and even now.

What goes around comes around.

#21 Crabtownboy, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Well, my selfedit didn't take fast enough I see. But, I stand by my statement. However, I didn't know that LeBuick blamed McCain for the fire on the aircraft carrier.

So Crabby, two wrongs make a right?

3. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure what you mean by "two wrongs." Can you explain that for me.

From a quick search this story does not seem to be getting any play time in the US. However in other places around the world it is. I do not know where the story originated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...e-for-death-threats-against-Barack-Obama.html

http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.php?clid=8&theme=&usrsess=1&id=230333

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrorists-led-dramatic-rise-death-threats.html

Palin was trying to win the election. I do not think she really wanted Obama to be killed. As far as I am concerned everyone can leave her along. She is not the VP and I think that is great. As I said several times, I think Palin would be a great friend to be around, vivacious, life of the party, etc. but VP, no, no, no. I do not dislike her, but I do feel she was and is not qualified to be VP.

#23 Crabtownboy, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Since, according to your opinion, others have made wild claims against President Obama (and I agree they have) that makes it ok for LeBuick to make his own. And, this latest claim is one of the wildest to say the least.

5. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say it was ok or not ok. But since Republicans and conservatives made such wild claims, and continue to do so, do not be surprised if similiar threads are made the other way around.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Untrue. You've done nothing but that...and the misleading title to this thread is another example.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Secret Service hasn't informed me that the latter is true. Do you talk to them also.:laugh:

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

There is nothing wild about the claims of his association with Bill Ayers, Wright (nothing reverent about him) and others.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just proved my point. I appreciate your doing that.

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bill Ayers is a terrorist like it or not. And what she said was not a
    "problem". It is like blaming the woman for the rape because of how she is dressed.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The accusations are true.

It's just too bad :tear: if anyone has a problem with it.

13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The problem is some are wanting to make Palin the 'fall guy' when clearly there's enough anger among some extreme factions which don't get their way to cause trouble. Palin was telling the truth..... and McCain fought his campaign with the enthusiasm of a turtle and the wisdom of Bush recommended campaign staffers instead of finding his own loyalist. His margin vote was as narrow as it was because of the conservatives and Christians who saw the opposition as being worse for the country.... not because he was so impressive in his 'maverick' ability to lead. He had his chance to prove how much a maverick he was when he suspended his campaign.... and didn't study or heed the voices of the American people who were against the bailout.... and he voted for it.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am disappointed when this kind of attack comes from either side of the spectrum. I don't know what kind of news source The Economic Times is, but the worded certainly appeared slanted and biased.

What kind of lunatics would be stirred up by comments like Gov Palin made?. There is a lunatic fringe out there who will be stirred up at any feeble excuse. She is certainly not to be 'linked' to death threats :(.

15. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not believe Palin was responsible in anyway. However, I do believe that no matter how this is stated, that it is an intended attack to further ungodly gloating. That is just my opinion. I wish this sort of attacks on this board could be stopped. I will pray for those who attack anyone in this manner.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am sad that attack posts have far too common in both directions. :(

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

What a dumb title and article this is! On the other hand, I wish all candidates would stop talking about their opponents and just lay out their own story. I'd find that more interesting. I don't really need to much help in picking out the warts on the other guys.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care whether or not her statements were a direct cause of real or imagined death threats. They needed to be said. I think Marxists a terrorist sympathizers should fear for their lives here, especially when they attempt to influence policy.

19. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

You make my statement your excuse for posting this drivel!

That is unfair and unkind.

Clearly I was speaking about postings such as this which incite emotion and originate in falsehood or allegations and gossip.

Palin was right in identifying Obama's friends as terrorist and thugs.... Ayers was, and recent statements made suggest, he's unrepentant. Obama endorsed a book but denied association. This is not gossip. These are facts. Making Palin to be an ogre by false allegations or loose association of a statement she makes to a threat made by some looney extreemist gang..... is way beyond left field!
    I rebuke you!:tear:

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama is a Marxist! That is a fact. His mentor in Hawaii was a Marxist. His associates at Columbia were Marxist. His buddy and mentor in Chicago was Marxist terrorist William Ayers. Obama has no problem with the murder of children, born or newborn.

The history of Marxism is one of mass murder. Simply look at the Russian Revolution, the Communists in China, Cambodia, North Korea, and Viet Nam.

The history of the abortionists in this country is mass murder, 50 million and counting. The reason some people on this forum hate Palin so much is she is strongly pro life and not ashamed to admit it. The reason for this topic is the same as the stories being spread by some RINO's and the leftist media. They are afraid of a strong conservative woman, in the mold of Margaret Thatcher.