1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin Used Hand To Prompt Her At Tea Party

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am sure Reagan used a teleprompter, but that aside ... I never thought he was nearly as great a communicator as many have claimed.

Kennedy was probably the best speaker as president in my lifetime, though I often disagreed with him.

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Palin like most in her "line of work" (not sure if it's work when you quit half-way through the job) is an opportunistic politician saying what needs to be said to please her crowd. She is no shining light of change or common sense. Just someone trying to get elected...eventually.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB sez:
    When she is responsible as POTUS, then you may have a case. Till then you are just whistling Dixie; and off key at that!!

Rev Mitch really scored a slam-dunk with his comment, "Liberals cannot make legitimate comparisons!" Right on Rev.!!!!

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be wrong and forgive me if I am ... but I do not remember you and others giving Obama any slack when he was a candidate.

Any person hoping to be elected president is fair game as you well know. Especially those who are so quick to say criticize another and then do the same themselves.

Just received a book to begin indexing ... see y'all later.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be so dumb liberals sure are worried about her. But see CTB is making an attempt at squelching any criticism of OBama. He doesn't want to see it. Any of it on this board. So he thinks he can effect change by criticizing Palin. :rolleyes:

That way those who criticize her might back off so they will not have to see criticism of Palin. So what has happened is legitimate debate has turned into debate about criticism but without actually using those specific words.

If you don't like the subject of a thread then here is a suggestion... don"t participate. Leave the thread go. Pass by it unobserved by your self. Go do something else. Refuse to click on the thread title. Grow up.

#25 Revmitchell, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
  6. donnA

donnA Active Member

a telepromter tells you what to say and when to pause, etc. notes tell you what topics you want to cover. big difference. but of course if thats all you can find to complain about.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If I were President of the United States I would use a teleprompter.

Doesn't mean anything to use it or not use it.

8. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB sez:
    Clue me in - what's Palin a candidate for???????:BangHead::BangHead:

(Ditto my last comment re: comparisons!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

9. billwald

billwald New Member

Doesn't most everyone write notes on their hand?

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does everyone criticize or mock others for doing basically the same thing? :laugh:

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Padre! Please quit playing with strawmen! You know we will need them when the crops come in next spring for the crows!

I requested a teleprompter for my daily professional speaking engagements. The principal put a yellow notepad in my mailbox.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

I write notes on my hand all the time. Exit numbers, whatever.

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whenever I see her on TV I get that same "fingernails on the chalkboard" that I get whenever Hillary Clinton speaks. The politics may be different but the effect of listening to them speak is identical.

14. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I suggest the same remedy I use when the (0) speaks - (because if all he says is "Morning y'all", I feel he is lying) - don't listen!!:thumbs:

15. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference is that President Obama, being the president and all, might actually say or do something that will matter to my way of living. Palin on the other hand, (get it, other hand) is just another in a long list of screeching pundits who I wish would go away.

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you want Palin to go away. She is a talking head for Fox ... and she began it all by mocking Obama for using a teleprompter ... which she does also as well, of course, as hand crib notes.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

17. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Crabby you of all people have a lot of guts to say this considering your posturing and trolling on this board. Thanks for the laugh.

18. redbelt

redbelt New Member

I totally agree! Are people really saying that seven words written on Palins hand is the same as the President reading thousands and thousands of words? The fact that while being promoted as the smartest president ever... he has to use a teleprompter at 90% of his speeches.

I was actually really impressed by Obama early in the campaign by a speech he made until I realized it was with teleprompter. A good reader does not automatically make a good leader.

I would love to see President Obama without the teleprompter and hear him in his own words.

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Why don't you find his dialog with GOP Congressional leaders last week. Or are you just making a false insinuation about his ability to speak coherently. After Bush, Mel Tillis sounds lucid.

20. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, that explains a great deal.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it: Has CTB ever, in any thread, been critical of Obama or Democrats?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.