1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Palin's Husband Supports Secession of Alaska from the Union

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Sep 10, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

He was a member of the radical Alaska Independent Party for 7 years. That party's main position is setting up Alaska as a separate country. She spoke at two of their conventions and supported their efforts.

Sarah Palin embraces Alaska's independence
    11:31 AM Tue, Sep 09, 2008
    Tod Robberson

Watch this video and see if you can find anything, any sort of language or voice inflection and shaking of the head to suggest that Sarah Palin repudiates what the Alaska Independence Party stands for.

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/09/sarah-palin-emb.html

What you'll find is a message of warm embrace from the governor of Alaska for a party whose late founder spoke of absolute disgust for this country. His is a message of hate for America and what it stands for. Don't believe me? Just listen to AIP found Joe Vogler speak. He couldn't stand the United States, refused to swear allegiance to the United States and said he'd rather be tried in a brothel than be subjected to the U.S. court system.

Normally, I wouldn't hold Sarah Palin responsible for what Joe Vogler says, except that Republicans have already set this standard. Remember the outrage over Barack Obama and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright? Shouldn't Sarah Palin be held to the same standard?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closet Secessionist?

Palin was never a member of the Alaskan Independence Party – which calls for a vote on whether Alaska should secede from the union or remain a state – despite mistaken reports to the contrary. But her husband was a member for years, and she attended at least one party convention, as mayor of the town in which it was held.

The party's chair originally told reporters that Palin had been a member, but the official later retracted that statement. Chairwoman Lynette Clark told the New York Times that false information had been given to her by another member of the party after she first told the Times and others that Palin joined the AIP in 1994. Clark issued an apology on the AIP Web site.

The director of Alaska’s Division of Elections, Gail Fenumiai, confirms that Palin registered to vote in the state for the first time in May 1982 as a Republican and hasn’t changed her party affiliation since. She also told FactCheck.org that Palin’s husband, Todd, was registered with AIP from October 1995 to July 2000, and again from September 2000 until July 2002. (He has since been registered as undeclared.) However, the AIP says Todd Palin "never participated in any party activities aside from attending a convention in Wasilla at one time."

There is still some dispute as to whether Sarah Palin also attended the AIP’s 1994 convention, held in Wasilla. Clark and another AIP official told ABC News’ Jake Tapper that both Palins were there. Palin was elected mayor of Wasilla two years later. The McCain campaign says Sarah Palin went to the 2000 AIP convention, also held in Wasilla, “as a courtesy since she was mayor.” As governor, Palin sent a video message to the 2008 convention, which is available on YouTube, and the AIP says she attended in 2006 when she was campaigning.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is nothing. By the 10th Amendment a state does have the right to secede. And White v. Texas (1869) should be nullified as nothing but a justification for a war recently fought (they weren't going to say what they already did was unconstitutional).

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Someone remind me again, what is her husband running for?

5. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not exactly sure of this, but I thought I had read that only a state that was once it's own sovereign country had any rights of succession. I only know of one state that qualifies.

6. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not exactly sure of this, but I thought I had read that only a state that was once it's own sovereign country had any rights of succession. I only know of one state that qualifies.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Then why was Michelle Obama patriotism questioned when she said she was finally proud of her country. Shouldn't this same response apply?

8. Wesjr

Wesjr New Member

If their is any doubt about what the Alaskan Independent Party is about go to their web site and then to the FAQs- What is the AIP? Sarah Palin may not have been a member, but her husband was a registered member for almost 7 years and in 2006 as a candidate for governor and again in 2008 as governor she addressed their convention. What if Michelle Obama had been a registered member of the communist party for 7 years and if Barack had twice addressed their convention, Those thinking of voting for Palin think on that.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

They don't care, Palin could do no wrong in their eyes. I hate to see her worshipers the day they learn she's human. They'll need a support group and 10 step program.

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Because she made speeches stumping for BHO and said some unpatriotic things. Has Sarah Palin's husband done the same? Nope. Apples and oranges again.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What is it with libs and their inability to find legitimate comparisons?

Did Palins husband stand out on the campaign trail and bad mouth America?

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Is saying I am finally proud of my country bad mouthing America?

Keep in mind, when she was born black people couldn't sit at the lunch counter or even vote for that matter. They had the right to vote but wasn't allowed to exercise that right. Seeing obama as the first black party nominee makes me proud of my country also. Not the first time I was proud but proud just the same...

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

She also said America is mean and vindictive. But yea that is bad mouthing America.

14. Wesjr

Wesjr New Member

Revmitchell, Are you proud of everything that America has done? As Americans we need to examine ourselves and our country, for things done wrong and things done right. The Bible tells us Christians to examine ourselves. We should speak up when we are proud of our country, but also be allowed to speak out when our country does wrong. I'm ashamed we allow abortions in our country, I'm ashamed we allowed slavery. I'm proud we fought in WW II against evil nations, I'm proud we can worship in our country without persecution.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, there are at least two, Texas and California, but I don't think the facts are correct.

16. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I think she and her husband as well as the Palins have spend much time with groups or people that is lacking. I wouldn't want either one running an office in our goverment, but I'm only one vote.

17. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Many people have pondered whether things would be better if their state seceded from the union considering where many others seem to be headed. They're probably longing for America to be more the way it once was. Americans love independence - they don't like be told what to do and what not to do especially by people in Washington. Who - besides their senators (pigs with lipstick) - wants Massachusetts or California to set the tone for America? The states were suppose to be largely independent but now they seem to be more and more viewed as provinces of the federal empire. I'd like to see a national movement by many states to regain their proper status by telling Washington to go fish only in the Potomac River.

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine

AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN!!!

And I feel an excellent start would be the elimination of the Dept of Education!!!!

19. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Agree 100% :thumbs:

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

They might have the right but do you want a VP or President who supports the breakup of the U.S.?