1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pan's Labyrnith and Children of Men?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 31, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Both have compelling and stimulating reviews, has anyone gone to see them yet? I may go to see either one this (month?) and I can't decide on which...

p.s, I'm being treated, that's why I can only afford only one

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I would strongly discourage Christians from seeing movies with "Pan" in the title, done by a filmmaker who is credited with doing Hellboy and Blade II. As to Children of Men it would appear that this is rated R for strong violence, language, some drug use and brief nudity, so I wouldn't really advocate for that one either. Perhaps there is something else you might be treated to?

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." - 1 Corinthians 15:33

3. AlexL

AlexL New Member

I agree

Satan uses entertainment very well to take us away from the Lord and from thinking of godly things. Indulge in amusements sparingly. You should not be ignorant of his devices... Use discernment if choosing a movie to watch. If you can avoid the movies (and most TV), then do so. Can't your friend treat you to a meal instead?

We are christians, and are supposed to be separted unto the Lord and live for his will and not for our own good pleasure and amusement. But it all depends on your heart in this matter and why you are going to the movies.

4. Rew_10

Rew_10 New Member

I went and saw "Pan's Labyrinth" a few days ago. Very good flick for sure. It has a lot of symbolism in it, so I did some research on it after watching it as well. Wouldn't be classified as a "favorite" for me, but definitely good. To get an idea of my movie taste, some of my top movies are "Braveheart", "The Last Samurai", "V for Vendetta".

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I haven't had time to see many movies lately, been too busy. I heard Children of Men was pretty good. Will probably get around to seeing it by the time it reaches DVD.

6. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

even though i would probably be a 100 times mroe mentally/spiritually damaged than any other man on earth; it is nevertheless necessary to see these types of films that are hailed for their stunning art direction, character design, layout, music&storytelling, etc; and understand why it works and how it is possible; If I am ever to hope to draw the intrest of that same crowd to any work of mine. Especially since I claim that God has given me creative talents in every filmmaking/overall storytelling (comic books, music, literature) aspect that surpasses any level preceding me, only these films can show me the weight of my workload required to back up my claim.