1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paperbackswap.com?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by menageriekeeper, Nov 18, 2010.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Any one here a member?

How do you like it? What sort of books are on your shelf? Does it help or hinder your efforts to clear space in your book case?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Sounds like the first transaction is free then it is a one for one swap?

I get most of my fiction at the Good Will or Sally Ann or the clearance rack at Half Price Books for a dollar each.

3. menageriekeeper

You and me too, Bill. Only I need to start getting rid of some lol. I figured I wasn't losing anything by joining and have posted 49 books already just out of the first box of books I pulled out! They either go here or they are headed BACK to goodwill! (or rather our local America's Thrift Store)

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Our fiction gets passed around between the kids and gets eaten by their dogs?

5. menageriekeeper

LOL, it all seems to come back to my house and my shelves and my dogs don't like fiction! :laugh:

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I joined and have sent out quite a few, but even at media rate, it gets expensive when there aren't as many available that you'd like to read. I still have lots of credits and just haven't used them.

If the goal is to clear off your shelves and not replace, I'd go to goodwill.

7. menageriekeeper

Actually, I want to do both. So far I've found more books to read than I have credits for, lol. But then I read a wide variety of material. If you haven't been over there in a while, I suggest you check back, cause there are tons of books out there right now.