1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Papers-for Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by garret, Oct 5, 2002.

1. garret

garret New Member

I am writing a paper on 1Peter and I am looking for some guidance.

This will be my first paper that I have ever written and would like to see some examples of a good paper. I am also writing a paper on Isaiah. These examples would help me get the feel for what I am about to embark on.

Please no examples of 1Peter or Isaiah. I want to do my paper honestly from my own conclusions; I need to get a feel about the form and function of a good paper.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive.

-Garret

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

What style are you writing? Turabian is the one I am most familiar with.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

See Turabian's guide for a good example. I also have some online examples from seminaries. I think Reformed Theological Seminary and Westminster Theological Seminary publish guidelines on their websites.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've used Turabian since 1984 and been pleased. Make all my students use a version of it for uniformity and consistency.

And it is amazing what computers can do with footnotes, end notes, etc. But almost ANY booklet on style/format of a paper will help and be greatly appreciated by the guys who have to READ the schtuff!!

5. garret

garret New Member

Thanks for the heads up on Terabian. I am off to find a book on this. As if I didn’t have enough books already. ;)

Thanks for the advice,

God Bless

-Garret