1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paranoid shift

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jun 30, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Absolute, indignant disbelief that the American people have completely kicked them out of power."

I reckon the disbelief comes more from the idea that opposition and dissent is no longer allowed in America rather than the American people completely kicking them out of power.

But if what you say is true then in that case let me congratulate the PTB that have finally turned the clock on those evil democrats and turned the government into a truly one party apparatus joined at the hip with big business and military contractors.

Just what our founding fathers had in mind eh?

[ July 01, 2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Besides libertarians have been labeled as "isolationists" which doesn't fit in with the beloved globalization scheme of the majors. Libertarians still believe in American sovereignty and the U.S. Constitution an alien concept far removed from the interests of international bankers and the corporate media.

I think if you want to hear the libertarians debate you'll have the best luck in a Google search under "conspiracy theory".

3. TisHerself

TisHerself Guest

Greetings All;

I'm new here.

I agree with this post. GW ran every company he ever controlled into the ground. Look into it. It is scary.

What about those that would come in HIS name and decieve many? I think we are seeing that right now. We are seeing the very chosen of God's people forget the basics, such as "Thou shalt not kill". Or, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor". Don't you think that is exactly what Bush did when he and his crew swore up and down, under the guise of being led by God, that there were WMD in Iraq?

I'm afraid of anyone who would so blatantly use the name of the Lord in vain.

Blessings and Light to All,

TisHerself

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Bill Clinton signed a into law a bill in 1998 that made the removal of Saddam Hussein and the establishment of a democracy in Iraq official U.S. policy -

www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/july-dec02/joint_resolution_10-11-02.html .

Basically, everyone, including Bill Clinton and Al Gore and leading Bush critic Joseph Wilson believed that Iraq had WMDs -

www.cnsnews.com/video/2005/20050616_Joseph_Wilson.wmv .

If one is going to criticize President Bush over the WMDs not being found(so far), then to be fair and honest you will have to use the same criticism toward Bill Clinton, et al.

And welcome aboard, TisHerself. [​IMG]

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Nope. Bill Clinton signed a into law a bill in 1998 that made the removal of Saddam Hussein and the establishment of a democracy in Iraq official U.S. policy -"

Bully for Bill. Is that why you've agreed with it all this time, Bill Clinton made it official policy ? Enquiring minds would like to know. :D

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I just find it interesting that people criticize President Bush when it is President Clinton's official policy on Iraq that he is successfully carrying out.

Yet, these critics don't say a word about Bill Clinton making this official U.S. policy in the first place.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay that's cool Ken but maybe she didn't know that. I didn't till you documented it for us and believe me when I tell ya I've looked for evidence that Bush is carrying on Clintons internationalist legacy. Thanks for the link :D

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome. Providing information is something I enjoy doing, poncho. [​IMG]

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm glad you do Ken as this brings up another question to my equiring mind. [​IMG]

If removing Saddam was already official policy, then why the need for the Bush administration to paint such monstrous word pictures coupled with the huge PR campaign to scare us out of our wits about the guy?

He was practicing diplomacy maybe?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it was necessary as Hussein's violation of the various U.N. resolutions had not caught the attention of the White House and the Congress during the 1990s but had been below most citizens' radars. Most of our fellow citizens don't pay much attention to foreign affairs so I think it was necessary to get their attention.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ken I've got to hand it to ya. You almost make me wish that the government would intentionally scare the daylights out of us more often to get us to go along with bombing other countries. [​IMG]

I just wish for once they'd get their alibis to be more credible. You'd think with as many times as they've used the same play they would have learned to hide things better. ;)

[ July 01, 2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Wait a minute here...did the real KenH post this reply to my question of why the Bush team felt the need to scare us out of our wits to get us to go to war with Iraq and remove Saddam? :confused:

The Ken I know has been saying right along that deception and manipulation by the Bush team never happened. Yet this guy (whoever he is) seems to be saying that not only was deception and manipulation used but that it was also necessary because the people were ignorant of Bill Clinton's official policy of regime change in Iraq. :confused:

Oh okay, I get it...you sir are an imposter! What did you with Ken? I demand you give him back! :D

[ July 04, 2005, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Wait a minute here...did the real KenH post this reply to my question of why the Bush team felt the need to scare us out of our wits to get us to go to war with Iraq and remove Saddam? :confused:

The Ken I know has been saying right along that deception and manipulation by the Bush team never happened. Yet this guy (whoever he is) seems to be saying that not only was deception and manipulation used but that it was also necessary because the people were ignorant of Bill Clinton's official policy of regime change in Iraq. :confused:

Oh okay, I get it...you sir are an imposter! What did you with Ken? I demand you give him back! :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]Its as though Kens mind has been posessed by some liberal aliens :eek:

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are liberal Borg.

You will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Guess that it all depends on your definition of "it" then eh? What, if not deception and manipulation did the Bush team use to intentionally scare the wits out of us (the ignorant masses) to get us to go along with an invasion of another country? [​IMG]

Isn't monstrous word pictures and huge PR campaigns manipulation? We know now thanks to you that Bill Clinton made the removal of Saddam "official policy". So, by not saying this and proceding with the long held plan already in place to remove Saddam from power they omited the truth did they not? Is not the omission of truth deception? [​IMG]

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

SOURCE

SOURCE

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply making sure we became aware of what Saddam Hussein had done in the past and what he was likely to do in the future with enough emphasis on the future was sufficient.

19. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Poncho are you the next Monk! KenH surely had
    to resort to fallback...

KenH you have been assimilated...resistance
    is futile... ;)

Oh KenH your rides here ;)

[​IMG]

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha! None of you on the Left or the extreme Right have ever laid a glove on me yet. ;)