1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parenting Advice...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Is there an area dedicated to such a thing?

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Solid Christian homes!!

3. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Thanks......

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Was that really a help? Is there an issue you wish to discuss?

5. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Yep, I was going to throw down some HSOs about my kids and trying to figure out if beating them is what needs to be done or just putting them in a little kennel out front of Wal-Mart and trying to sell them as "cute, flea free rug rats". They should bring a pretty good price.

It's a simple child rearing question, don't know where to post it though, just trying to get some pointers from some like minded individuals.....

6. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know what you mean. I don't think there is a thread subject list on this site thats listed on this board. The bible does say that a "rod of correction will drive foolishness far from them" I think its where the phrase "spare the rod spoil the child" comes from. I have difficulties with my kids as well at times. For instance I caught my six year old pocketing a bar of chocolate in her pocket at a store. I told her that an adult caught stealing would be facing jail time as well as having to assume the cost plus penalties of the theft. I then marched her right up to the cashier made her return the bar gave her the money it cost to the store (to embarass her and let her know that now she had to pay for the bar and could not enjoy it much like sin). Then when we got home made her take out 7 times the cost of the candy bar from her piggy bank (put it in a place where she wouldn't know about it for future allowance payment). Do you think that was too harsh? It worked cause either she got better at pocketing the bar with out me catching or she gave it up all together since I haven't caught her doing that again.

7. jcjordan

jcjordan New Member

It appears that haven't solved the problem. You've simply tried to clean up her behavior. Have you addressed the heart issues of why she felt it necessary to steal?

8. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Very well done, sometimes folks over analyze actions instead of just handling the act. You don't have a problem unless it seems to reoccur.

9. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

For future reference, the bible says you should beat her, with a rod, and don't stop just because she cries. Funny how nowadays we'd go to jail or lose our kids if we actually did what the bible says. :thumbs:

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Pretty good solution in my opinion. My son did the same thing. I did spank him. Had him taken by Wal-Mart cops and got a talkign too. Made him pay for the item and further punishment. Also opened the Scripture with him, showed him his sin against God, and dealt with him concerning covetousness and lust (non-sexual).