1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Parking at church

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Deacon, Dec 12, 2006.

?
  1. Visitors parking spot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Handicapped parking spot

6.0%
  3. Pastors designated spot

8.0%
  4. Closest available spot to the door

12.0%
  5. Anywhere that's available as I drive in

28.0%
  6. In the street

8.0%
  7. the Back lot

28.0%
  8. I don't drive/don't have a car/am bused in...etc

4.0%
  9. None of your business where I park!

6.0%
  1. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

Many, many years ago I attended a church that called their "back lot" the 2nd mile parking lot (see the Sermon on the Mount). It became quite the honorable thing to do to park in the 2nd mile parking lot, if you were physically able to do so.

That lesson stuck with me, and I (almost) always park about as far away as I can, whether it's at the grocery store, the church house, wherever. It's a little thing, to be sure, but it is a neat object-lesson, and serves to remind me on a daily basis to do for others more than others expect. I hope my kids took notice. (I think they did.)

2. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Usually around the corner into the next street, small church too big a congregation, besides lots of folk are tottery, I am just fat so I get to do my weekly walk......:godisgood:

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When my Wife is with me we park in a Handicapped Space(she has a permanent permit), and has trouble walking long distances.

When my Wife isn't with me, I park along the outer edge of the parking lot and walk across the lot to the door.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Actually, in multiple places.

1.) "don't park here M-F between 6 to 6"

2.) Closest available in the back lot.

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

Well, since we live right next to the church I get to walk now. I absolutely love being so close the church!

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live in the big city. Our church is sandwiched in the middle of row homes, so no lot. You park on the street wherever you can. The trick is come early!

7. redwards

redwards New Member

Usually I park in a handicapped space because my wife is handicapped. If I see that there are not many handicapped spaces left, I go park toward the back of the parking lot after letting my wife out at the front door.
    On occasions when she is not with me, I always go to the back of the parking lot.
    There are way to many persons who are less able to walk than I, so it is incumbent upon me to be the servant God wants me to be, and allow others the privilege of better parking and less walking.

8. Sheila

Sheila Member

My husband(the pastor) and I park where we have to walk alittle futher. We don't have a pastors parking and wouldn't have one while he was the pastor. We want to save the closer parking for visitors and people who cant walk far. One thing that makes me angery is for people with 2 good legs parking at the door. Sometimes people have to carry things in and then they should be able to get closer to the door also. When we have dinners people all want to park at the door. They bring their food in and then they say parked instead of moving it for someone else who may also like to bring food in. I don't understand why people are not more understanding of others sometimes. So I answered the question, wherever we find a place to park.