1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Part 2: OK... I still have these nagging questions:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TCGreek, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Well, the problem is that this is how the ME folk play silly mind games. They point to a verse like this and say, "See? There is more than one salvation!" I"m sure they understand the difference between "saved" as in "getting saved from drowning" and gospel messages of salvation. But they're attempting to prove there is more than one gospel salvation by pointing to a totally unrelated instance of being "saved" from something (like death at childbirth). I've seen them do the same thing with other terms. Their false doctrine talks about one thing, and they attempt to justify it by pointing to totally unrelated terms that are coincidental synonyms for their false gospel.

There must be a term for this kind of disingenuous and deliberately deceptive debate tactic.

2. Accountable

Accountable New Member

According to the reasoning we have heard thus far, experience contrdicts this philosophy.

3. standingfirminChrist

To search the Scriptures instead of believing the Mercy Eliminated proponents.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Are you going to accept experience over the word of God? :laugh:

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, apart from the explanation given by Ibaker, can you give us a point by point explanation of this text? Let us know what the Word of God really mean at this point.

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

I'll say this, they is not the woman, the woman is she. Rather, they is probably referring to her children. She shall be saved in childbearing if they (her children) continue in faith and charity etc... So this saving is conditioned upon a woman raising godly children.

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Here you go.

"Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

It says "saved" right? That proves there is more than one salvation, since this can't be talking about spirit salvation. It also says "saved the best". There can only be "the best" if there are others who are not "the best", right? This "best" wine is symbolic of people who have good works to justify them as being the best. This is as opposed to bad wines, which symbolize "the worst" Christians, which obviously do drugs, cheat on their spouses, get drunk and kill families driving under the influence. Or are you going to deny that Christians do these things? How can you justify not sending such heinous Christians to 1,000 years in hell?

I learn fast, don't I? Do I get to join the ME club now?

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has crossed the 20 page limit and long ago lost value.

Closed.

If one would like to take a salient point, as yet undiscussed, and start a new thread, I can't stop you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.