1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Particular Salvation for the Chidren !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Heb 2:14-16

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

There is just no way to preach the True Gospel without emphasis on whose sins Christ died for, and it certainly was not for the sins of all men without exception, for scripture never particularly states that, however on many occasions it does particularly states exactly for whom Christ died for or gave Himself for, for instance here in Eph 5:25, the inspired testimony here is that He particularly gave Himself as an Offering for the Church !

Now lets look at another passage that specifically states whom Christ died for Heb 2:14-16, The Children, for notice it reads " for the Children took part of flesh and blood" both in their, both in their Federal Natural Head Adam at Creation, and individually at their own physical birth, He [ Their Head Spiritually] took on the same, that is a Physical Existence in Flesh and Blood, and fir what purpose, it was to deliver them [The Children], for He came to specifically, and particularly deliver or release them from the fear of death, and the way He did that was for their sake abolish Death altogether 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Note: None for whom Christ died shall ever see Death, because it has for them been abolished !

So its impossible for anyone Christ died for to ever experience this Rev 20:14

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Particular Salvation for the Children ! cont

So Death has been abolished for the Children, those whom Christ died for !Now more into the definiteness who the Children are that Christ came and took on Flesh and Blood in behalf of ! Is it all Humanity without exception ? No it is NOT, for the Children are those given to Christ in Election Heb 2:13,16

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

And secondly the Children are the Seed of Abraham Vs 16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Bingo, this tells us specifically that it was not for the Human Race without exception that Christ came to deliver from the fear of Death, but for a specific seed.

As it is written in many translations it reads like this:

For surely it is not angels that he helps, but he helps the offspring of Abraham.

For verily not to angels doth he give help, but he giveth help to the seed of Abraham.

Thats simply is the Elect of the World of mankind ! It is God's Elect People out of all Nations Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

God gave Abraham a Seed in the Gentile Nations; Now lets look at Rom 4:16

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

And so that is who is meant in Heb 2:16 the seed of Abraham ! All the Seed of Abraham Rom 4:16 is whom Christ particularly came to save, and no others !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Particular Salvation for the Children ! cont

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Again these are the same Children that Christ came to Identify with and deliver from death in Heb 2:14 and that are the seed of Abraham in Vs 16 !

These are the Children or the seed God gave to Christ in Divine Election Eph 1:4, and they are also the same ones Jesus refers to here Jn 17:2,6

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Jesus says similar of His Sheep, "thou gavest them me" Jn 10:29

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

And as in the Heb 2 passage, He came to die for them, so likewise in Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself or Die as an Offering, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

He came to sanctify Himself which means His Offering Himself and as The High priest to Offer Himself Upon the Altar of God's Judgment for them !

Now as Children given Him Heb 2:13, they are His Seed, those referred to here Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Thats the Pleasure of the Lord, to See His Seed saved and Converted because Christ was made an Offering for sin for them and them only !

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Then salvation is not a GIFT. (OR) at what age does God take his gift back?

If parents can accept the gift for their children then why should Mormons not be baptized for the dead as the Bible mentions?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I never knew you !

Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is merely another way of Jesus Christ telling these people that He never died for them, for you were not of my Sheep ! For Jesus has made it clear here that those He died for He did know Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So its quite plain from Jesus own words that those He stated unto " I never knew you ", He did not lay down His Life for or in behalf of ! But also, Christ in His Death did also act as High Priest and was also the offering of the High Priest, and in this He was an antitype of Aaorn, the High Priest of God's Chosen People Israel according to the OLD Covenant, and it was as he delivered the blood of the offering before the Mercy Seat of God, He had to know the names of them whom he represented before God, for this is seen here in the scripture Ex 28:9-12,29

9 And thou shalt take two onyx stones, and grave on them the names of the children of Israel:

10 Six of their names on one stone, and the other six names of the rest on the other stone, according to their birth.

11 With the work of an engraver in stone, like the engravings of a signet, shalt thou engrave the two stones with the names of the children of Israel: thou shalt make them to be set in ouches of gold.

12 And thou shalt put the two stones upon the shoulders of the ephod for stones of memorial unto the children of Israel: and Aaron shall bear their names before the Lord upon his two shoulders for a memorial.

29 And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the Lord continually.

He had to bear the names of them for whom He offered, and so it was in this sense that Christ tells those of Matt 7:23 " I never knew you " to be of them for whom I offered Myself in your behalf, in the things pertaining to God Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

They in Matt 7:23 were not of that People ,He had to and did make reconciliation for their sins, if so, He lied when He told them " I never knew you "