1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Passing along false information

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pastor Sam, May 11, 2004.

1. Pastor Sam

Pastor Sam Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was wondering what you other preachers feel about passing along false information. Suppose someone asks you about another Pastor you use to know. Do you pass along hearsay information or only facts you are sure of? Just wondering as a former Pastor friend of mine passed on some hearsay information that was not sure and people believed it as fact because it came from a Pastor.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I try to be careful not to do that. Especially hearsay info. If backed into a corner, I never say "I heard..." Instead, I say "I'd prefer not to say." But sometimes that statement is just as damaging.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One way or the other, at one time or another, most of us have done this, but, that still does not justify passing along false info, whether we knew it or not.

A friend once said that if we went up a tower and opened a 25 lbs sack of cotton to be blown into the wind, we can probably pick up the scattered cotton and put them back in the sack, but, it sure ain't gonna weigh 25 lbs no more.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It can be gossip whether it is true or not. Anything that damages the person is gossip.

We are to preserve the unity of the church.

5. Pastor Sam

Pastor Sam Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was wondering what [member name snipped] thinks about this kind of thing. I am sure he has a good explaination why it is okay to do this.

[ May 12, 2004, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Christ4Kildare ]

6. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Oh, I see...

I think we've been drawn into somebody's conflict here.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread looks like a personal conflict. I am closing it at least temporarily. If anyone knows of a reason why it should be reopened PM me.

Roger