1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Passion?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by TeenforChrist, Feb 27, 2004.

?
  1. Yes!

65.2%
  2. No!

8.7%
  3. Haven't seen it yet.

26.1%
  4. Don't want to see it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

Has anyone seen Mel's movie "The Passion Of The Christ" [​IMG] ?

2. cdg

cdg New Member

What did you think of the movie, teenforChrist?

3. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

I thought it was awesome! After the movie I was crying, because it opens your eyes. Also it reminds you of what Christ did for you!!!
    I think everyone should see it!

TFC

4. cdg

cdg New Member

I agree that it was a good movie, but still there were some odd things in it. But it is closer than any other movie, I think, to the real passion of Christ.

5. lindz

lindz New Member

has anyone read what the adults have been writing about the movie? I am on page 5 or 11. It is pretty heated. I hope to read the rest of it soon! Well, i wanna see it but I wanna know more about it before I do. If it really does have alot of Catholic stuff in it I probably won't. TFC write me about it. I do want to know more!!
    Lindz

6. Daniel

Daniel New Member

I am on of those adults, a Christian school teacher going by the name of Daniel on the board. I am so proud of you guys for taking an interest in The Passion. I encouraged teens sitting behind me at the movie to go back to their schools and share what Christ had done for them. The movie will really help many teens make a FINAL DECISION about going with Christ or not. You, guys keep up the good work!

7. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

Yeah, I've read a little about what the adults have been saying.

Lindz I'll send ya a private message later about the movie.

8. Rach

Rach New Member

Heya [​IMG]

After reading a thread by someone named "Greg Linscott" on another part of the Baptist Boards, I now know for sure that I will never watch the movie.
    I'm not at all condemning the fact that you watched it, because I believe that even through the bad in the movie, there still might be good, but I'll just never watch it.
    Here's a link to what he wrote (if this doesn't work, I'm sorry... I'm new to the link thing).

In Christ,
    Rach [​IMG]

Psalm 19:14

9. cdg

cdg New Member

Rach,

I agree with the brother that too mush emphasis is placed on Mary, but I do not agree that the imitation of the suffering was too much. I think one cannot accurately imitate the suffering of Christ, it was much more than what was in the movie, but the movie gives a picture. I hope you will reconsider and think about seeing it once at least. But if you cannot go and see it with peace, then dont go and see it. Either way I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. And have peace rather than an "experience".

10. Prinny

Prinny New Member

I recently saw the "Passion" and it really moved me. I started crying right near the beginning and hardly blinked at all the whole time. It really makes you think.

11. Kayla

Kayla New Member

I will never go see that movie. If I wanted to know what happened, I would read God's word and get the real story.( I have lots of times). I would put up the article my pastor wrote on it but it would take a long time to type it. If you would like to read it Pm me and i will send it to you. Do you know there were southern baptist(I do not dislike Southern Baptists just this one church i am giving a bad "review") in sted of having a service on Wednesday night they bought a ticket to "the movie" for everyone in there church. Why don't they preach it from God's Word at their church, and tell every one the real story, there might be some people saved because of it.

12. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

Where Satan intends for bad, God can
    change for good. We can't put God in a box,
    all things are for His glory!!!

If Mel's movie is all about Mary, then tell me why when Jesus was on the cross and he said these words. To Mary he said:"Woman behold your son and he said John behold your mother". Right then and there the bond is broken between Mary and Jesus.

This movie is changing lives and their not turning to Mary. Their turning to Jesus!

13. cdg

cdg New Member

I believe God may use this movie to lead men to Christ. It is not perfect, and I know my pastor wouldnt call off Wednesday service for it. But no one is implying it should replace God's Word. The movie gives a picture of Christ's passion. And there may be many or few people led to the Lord from watching this movie, but one soul would be worth all the millions spent on the movie.