1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Passive Occupy protesters take pepper spray blast

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's a great question. I'm asking it myself. If you have some, please post them. It won't negate the ones where they are doing wrong, but perhaps the police who respond in an unreasonable fashion would benefit from seeing videos of officers responding in an appropriate way to Occupy protestors.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Back peddling? This brand of police brutality and support is what will bring this nation down and has already started to do it with the support of the Gestapo at our airports. Because this kind of mindset our military will be set loose on the people and citizens will die because of people who support this kind of police state.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom, I will not argue that some policemen use these situations as an excuse to exercise their aggression.

But I am reminded of a scene from "We Were Soldiers," where a taxi driver was delivering death notices to the wives of fallen soldiers. He knocked on one woman's door, and she nearly went into shock; only to find out he was looking for directions. She lambasted him harshly. The driver said, "I don't like this job." But someone had to notify the spouses their husbands were dead, didn't they?

Let's send the policemen back to their regular duties; but what would you have us do a week from now if the situation hasn't changed?

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The craftiness of the of the snared. When they are caught red handed make claims for things that do not exist. Tell the people they cannot believe what they just saw there must be another explanation. All this brain washing and more to come.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Seeking an excuse for more police brutality? When the military gets involved will the same excuses be used? This is not the movies this is real life. Pointing to movies is just another tactic to brain wash and get peoples eyes off what is true. Our government forces have become experts in covering illegal activities and shrewd enough not only to believe they are doing good but convince others they are also.

So why would it change as now the police through illegal activities have ramped up the anti and opened the door for more police violence as the crowds now strike back just like in any country that denies the rights of the people. You can bet that many of those officers who used unnecessary force were ex-military. In the future it will be the real deal of real military who stands against the freedoms of the people.

#45 freeatlast, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2011
  6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where am I allegedly "back-peddling"?

Agreed--if by "Gestapo" you mean TSA. And if you take the time to research these threads, you might actually find the posts where I've argued against the restrictions placed upon our free movement within this country.

As you so eloquently put it: we'll see.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "We Were Soldiers" is based on the real-life events surrounding Col Hal Moore in Viet Nam; the incident I described was a true event, not just a movie.

But I'm not expecting you to know the difference.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

We already have but not to the extent that we will.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No movie is factual. None the less trying to justify brutality and anti constitutional activities by the authorities with a movie is seeking to brainwash the people.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, there are no protests occurring where I currently live, or I' be happy to go out and do some filming.

No, it won't negate the oneswho are responding unreasonably; but one does have to ask, where's the balanced reporting?

Did you see the other thread in this section about OWS accounting?

11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sure hope you don't get your knowledge of history from Hollywood! The above only happened after the battle of Ia Drang and then only because the Military had not had time to set up a notification system. Later, in the late 1960s I became a part of that system. One of my first duties was to accompany the body of one of my best friends home after his death. The Marine Corps did a masterful job of closing ranks around the family and finding the younger brother of the dead Marine, who was also a Marine, and making sure he was home in time for the funeral.

Besides, what has this to do with the subject of the thread?
    Why do anything? Let them assemble. Let them protest. As long as they do not destroy property or burn the campus down, leave them alone. They will soon tire of it and go home. Remember, this is (supposedly) a FREE country. Political expression is the right of every citizen, even if their politics disagree with yours! Its not freedom unless everybody has it!

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer the first question: where am I allegedly "back-peddling"?

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't get my history from movies; but what movies I do watch are based on historical events.

What did that particular event have to do with this thread? Has anyone actually thought to wonder how many of these policemen are "enjoying themselves," or merely fulfilling a job requirement they don't necessarily like?

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am afraid this is far more serious then anthing we have seen in the past. Not simply these people protesting but this is setting the stage for a police state run by the military.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep, well we all know that letters always tell the truth. I still didn't see it in the video. I'm sure if it happened, it would be pretty handy to have it on video!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But then I see them verbally assaulting children trying to get to school in lower Manhattan and I think they are all selfish ogres who deserve more than what they get.

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have friends who are police and some retired all Christians and they will tell you privately the police are out of control. I know of one man who transferred from the beat because of the unethical practices of the officers and their leaders.
    So do they like this kind of thing. Absolutely! They love it and when they get back to the station they brag about how they beat someone down. I actually had a vehicle broken into about a year ago and when the officer came out to investigate we got to talking and he started to brag how he ran a guy down a few days early and beat him down. There are two possibilities here. One because of being in the military you are so brain washed you cannot see what is happening or you are part of the group who lives to see people suffer at the hands of authority. I pray you are not the latter.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again--you indicated I was "back-pedaling." Please identify where I was allegedly "back-pedaling," or offer an apology.

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That's horrible, but probably like not all the police are reacting to these people the same in all places, not all protestors are doing that.

But that should be made public too. Got a cell phone with video? What the other poster on here said is true...seeing both sides of it from different areas might add more balance.

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Don as usual you try and cover the truth by twisting the truth. Just like you are doing seeking a way to support the criminal activities of the police. If you look at the post it was a question, not a statement. So tell me are you backpedaling that the police or military would never violate the peoples freedoms or rights?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.